Got Me A FitBit Charge!!!

Options
SO happy! :p I got the last one from Bed, Bath & Beyond on my lunch break, and of course I used my 20% off coupon to get it. I was just hoping it would have gone on sale first. Anywho, I charged it, synced it, and have it up and running. If any of you want to add me, please feel free https://fitbit.com/user/36WD2Y

Do any of you have any tips or info to share on how you use your FitBit? I'm trying to figure out a way I can get more steps around my office and possibly make it up to 10K steps. Any advice or general info shares welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just got one too! I'll add you. I work at a desk too but on my lunch breaks I listen to pandora and walk for 35 min around the parking lot. on and when we aren't too busy I walk up and down the flight of stairs. I may look weird but it helps!
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Ritchiehl, please add me. Walking the parking lot is a good idea. Since joining MFP 2, almost 3 weeks ago, I do more dining in/bringing my lunch, which will allow me time to walk during my lunch break. I'm going to start walking our office on lunch while it's still cold outside. When it warms up, I'll walk outside. Unfortunately, we don't have stairs. If we did, that would be ideal. Have you found any weird things with the FitBit yet?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have had my fit bit for 2 years. I work in an office too. I go to the gym before I go to work and work out for an hour. If the weather is not too bad (I am in Minnesota) I go for a walk when I get to work for about 1/2 hour. I park as far from the door as possible. When I get up from my desk I always take the long way and go up and down the steps. It adds up. Right now I have 18, 559 on my fit bit. It is a great motivator for me to move more.
  • SandyCoils
    Options
    Snowflake, that's awesome!!!! I'm going to make this work for myself. I'm so excited that I just want to get to walking to see it do it's thing. Can't wait to get home from work to give it a real test!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't think it will do me much more good than my existing fitbit One. I mean what's the difference? Same thing, twice as expensive. I was intrigued by Charge HR, but from what I read it needs to be placed a certain way, and its heart rate readings are not consistent nor accurate during exercise.

I'm waiting for UP3 reviews to see how it does in the heart rate tracking department. Will bioimpedance be more accurate than the run of the mll optical heart rate tracker (used in wrest trackers)? Only time will tell.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've had my Sharge HR for a week now and I LOVE it! I have been getting off one station early to get to work, and walking that extra station before getting on to come home. I walk on my lunch breaks, or do my 5k training, and I take the long way (my office is a big circle) to get to the kitchen, toilet or photocopier. I've even been taking the stairs down to the next level to use the bathroom to get my stairs goal in LOL.

I'm a tragic though. I also walk laps in the kitchen while cooking and gets embarrasingly competitive with the challenges and run laps around the dining table if I'm falling behind. This week I've averaged 13,000 steps a day on work days, and I have a desk job!

www.fitbit.com/user/36FYFN
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    Hi, I just bought my Fitbit about two weeks ago. I love it. I no longer log exercise because the Fitbit loads my steps into MFP. My co-workers and I have challenges. I am very competitive so the challenge caused me to up my game to 20,000 steps to win. I walk in place while I am getting ready in the morning. I also use Leslie Sasone walk DVDs on my lunch hour at work. Grab a conference room and go for it. I will add u. Enjoy
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    I think I need your email to add u
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think I need your email to add u

Nah, just click the link in her post and as long as you're logged in to your account, you can just click 'add friend'.
  • SandyCoils
    Options
    Oh yes!!! Now these are the tips I need to get some work in. I am going to walk the building on my lunch break. Can't wait to get started. So excited.