Hello from Toronto

Hello I'm Amy from Toronto. I've been on MFP for awhile now and only just discovered the community tab.

Replies

• That's Strange it cut off the rest of what I wrote. Anyways I have been trying (and failing) to live a low carb lifestyle but find it hard to stick to. Could use some tips, motivation and recipes
  • bristy_c
    bristy_c Posts: 24 Member
    Hey Amy, feel free to add me, I'm just picking this up and some motivational support and accountability would be awesome. It took me forever to find Torontorians too! We soo can do this! :)
    Bristy
  • I've been trying to eat snacks throughout the day (apples with organic peanut butter, oranges, apples) that take away my carb cravings.
  • magicman1988
    magicman1988 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey there!!
  • I'm trying to get my carbs only from vegetables and fruits. I've cut out bread and pasta, and try to limit my rice as much as I can. Boy oh boy do I miss bread lol
  • Hi Amy, I'm also from Toronto. I've cut way back on the breads/pasta/rice, but occasionally I like to have a small portion. I usually get lower calorie bread (70 per slice), or I'll have a quarter cup or less of rice.

I found PC Multigrain Rye bread, which is high in fibre, tastes great, and is only 70 calories per slice. One slice with an egg white & vegetable omelet is a great breakfast that keeps me going until lunch, and is only around 150 calories.

For other carbs, I try to stick to granola and oatmeal - for fruits I have bananas and strawberries.

Hope that helps! And feel free to add me if you need a MFP support buddy