How many times do YOU eat a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I am hungry, which ends up being anywhere between 4 - 7 times a day. Obviously, I don't have 7 full-scale meals - 3 of them are breakfast, lunch and dinner, while the other times are snacks. If I do snack, I try to make sure it is a good proportion of carbs to protein.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I eat just about every 3 hours but I try to get a little protein in every time I eat. Fake egs for breakfast with lots of sautee'd vegies (less than 100 cal), 2 low cal protein shakes a day, tuna or 1/2 a ham & cheese sandwhich or a giant salad with chopped ham for lunch and then a lean meat and lots of vegies for dinner, yougurt for later. I also throw in some almonds (no more than 5 at a time). I also allow myself a couple of Hershey's dark chocolate kisses a couple of times a day 'cuz I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!

So, generally 6 times a day or so.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    About 5 times... I drink protein powder with my coffee first thing, then oatmeal around 9am, then lunch around noon, then a snack of yogurt and fruit between 2 and 3pm then dinner between 6 and 7pm. Occassionally I'll have another snack before dinner or something after dinner but usually the 5 meals are enough.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    6 times a day!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I reckon I average about 4 times. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and an evening snack.

Occasionally I'll have a piece of fruit around 3:30 - 4pm but not every day!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    6 times - my diary is open.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner and make sure to leave calories for snacks in between. It has nothing to do with the "metabolism jump start/continuous burning" myth that continues to perpetuate, it just keeps me from getting too hungry and splurging during actual meal times :) I don't have a set time except for breakfast and lunch because of work.

However, in regards to your situation, are you keeping track of how much you eat as well? Just because something is good for you doesn't mean you can't overeat with it. Calories are still what it really boils down to and if you are eating 2000 calories a day in grapes and carrots but only burning 1500 that can still lead to weight gain.

I looked at your diary... it looks mostly good. Make sure that you are being completely honest with how much you are consuming too. Estimating everything can lead to someone going a bit lower to make the numbers happier
  • Cnava01
    Cnava01 Posts: 37
    Options
    What is your breakfast usually like? I try to eat a pretty high caloric/fat breakfast and then keep my lunch dinner and snacks under control during the day. Play around with your eating style a little bit and see if that works.

Maybe even post what a typical day is on this message and it will be better for some people to gauge their advice. :)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    6. Breakfast, AM snack, Lunch, PM snack, Dinner, Dessert.

I have my diary set by time, not meal name though, because any of them may be a "typical meal combo" or a "snackish" food.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    2-3. No snacks, about 4 hours between meals.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 3 snacks. But my snacks are usually cut up fruits and vegetables or grapes, so it feels like I'm actually eating all day long.
  • skgoudie
    skgoudie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and anywhere from 2-4 snacks depending on my calories. It sounds like you are eating a lot of fruit, which is good, but add some protein. Apple and cheddar cheese, grapes and cottage cheese, blueberries and greek yogurt, etc. Here's what I eat on average:

Breakfast: 4-6oz greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit, 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts and cinnamon or apple pie spice
    Snack: apple with PB
    Lunch: Large salad with 1/2 cup beans, cucumbers, bell pepper, tomato and mixed greens and 1 Tbsp dressing
    Snack: almond thin crackers and hummus
    Post workout snack: 1 cup soymilk, 1 banana, and either 1 Tbsp PB or more fruit, such as blueberries
    Dinner: 3-5oz meat and a vegetable

Also, how many calories are you eating? Are you exercising and eating enough so you're not in too much of a calorie deficit?
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5-6x a day

Breakfast 8am
    Snack 10am (sometimes, depends on how much protein I had for breakfast!)
    Lunch 12pm
    Snack 3pm
    Dinner 6pm
    Post work out snack 8pm
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: usually 7am
    Morning snack: 9-930am (usually nuts or pepperoni and string cheese)
    lunch: 1130am-12pm
    Afternoon snack: 1-130pm (usually apple and a skinny cow snack)
    Dinner: 430-5pm
    Dessert: 630-7pm (usually a vitatop or a smart ones dessert)

We have to eat dinner early as my son and hubby eat lunch wayyyy early at school and work (10ish am) so they're starving by 4-430 lol.

ETA: Lately though, my breakfast has been enough to get me thru until lunch so some days I don't have a morning snack
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Anything i put into my mouth I always log, even if it means that it shows me going over in my calories (which is rare). I normally eat high calorie/high protein, low sodium during breakfast. Example: 100cal English Muffin w/ 1 egg, and maybe 1/2cup rice if I'm feeling extremely hungry.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 3 hours even if I am not hungry and I am losing really slow as well. WHen I went to the Dr on Friday, they actually had me weighing 2 pounds less by there scale. Im just going to stick with what my scale says since its a different scale.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ususally 5-6 times (3 meals and 2-3 snacks) ...I always try to have a large breakfast and make sure I have protein in every meal and every snack. I'm really liking strawberries and blueberries lately. I love eating the blueberries in my plain greek yogurt with a little granola cereal sprinkled on it as a snack or strawberries with a tbsp of natural peanut butter and some Lite Silk Vanilla Soy Milk. My other favorites are 1/2 apple with natural peanut butter spread on it, a 1/2 sandwich twin roll with peanut butter and 1/2 banan or reduced fat triscuits with low fat cheddar cheese and a few white seedless grapes. These are just a few snacks that carry me thru til my next meal (normally around 150 cals) ...as you can tell I love peanut butter:laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    3 times a day,i hate snacking