HELP ME -easy snacks/meals

Options
So I am working in an Urgent Care and work 12-13hrs anywhere between 3-5 days a week and not only is finding motivation to work out tough but also, I find I am going all day not eating cause there is just no time. That is definitely far from healthy and would love so suggestions. I have no problem meal planning but...like I said sometimes I'll go 8hrs before a break. I can occasionally sneak away for a 5 minute quick snack but definitely need suggestions. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks

Replies

• jackdavidrobertson
    Options
    Whey protein and oats.. baked in the oven into little squares. ! Its a staple in my plan.
  • Jumanji9700
    Jumanji9700 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I grab almonds a lot; I'm surprised how much a small'ish handful does for me in a pinch.
  • christinaleemurphy
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • SparklesOfAmber
    SparklesOfAmber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm got into the habit of not eating from 9am-3pm (while I'm doing hw and studying) I find filling the snack size ziplocs ahead of time makes it more likely I'll grab one every few hours ... Plus you can only put Sooo much in those teeny bags :/ I do veggies, nuts, healthy cereals (I like dry cereal), fig newtons (my cheat), cheese cubes, pretzels. You could totally bake ahead of time (I put flax meal and protien in everything I bake) I make muffins a lot! I also make homemade protien bars. My hubby makes omelets in muffin tins on the weekend to bring for AM break, during the week. Eggs reheat super fast! goodluck!
  • greghurley3950
    Options
    I have plastic containers and I make 2-3 lunches at a time. I often eat a large can of diced tomatos with hot pepper premixed in poured over mixed lettuce and then a 12 oz can of beans mixed in. The whole thing is about 550 calories and the beans provide a fair amount of protein. Due to the volume, it keeps me full for multiple hours. I try to only eat from noon til 8 pm. I will snack on fruit....obviously no preparation and then eat vegetables again for a second meal. I do take a fish oil supplement and take vitamin B12. I also have spirulina tablets for a protein supplement and use flax seeds. With my system, food prep time is pretty minimal and there is very little to clean.
  • fatbaby69
    fatbaby69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Clif bars for a quick and very filling snack. They are inexpensive and easy to bring with you. Baby carrots, apples, nuts, and hard boiled eggs are good snacks too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Quest bar, beef jerky, laughing cow cheese.
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    QUEST BARS!!! Quest chips, greek yoghurt
  • christinaleemurphy
    Options
    I am loving and appreciating all the great ideas!
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Quest Bars... I eat one for breakfast almost every day, and it's the easiest thing to bring with me if I need to be on the road or up and about...

Chocolate Chip Cookie dough is my personal fav (190 calories), but they have all sorts of flavors (the new S'Mores flavor is good, too)...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ZhaoWei76 wrote: »
    I agree with the Quest Bars... I eat one for breakfast almost every day, and it's the easiest thing to bring with me if I need to be on the road or up and about...

Chocolate Chip Cookie dough is my personal fav (190 calories), but they have all sorts of flavors (the new S'Mores flavor is good, too)...

Same. Every single day CCCD for breakfast and I have never gotten tired of it.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cut up veggies like carrots, cucumber, celery, red peppers, and spinach with hummus, salmon dip, guacamole or any other dips.

I also like to roast veggies then puree with chicken stock to make soup. You could store this hot in a thermos to sip. Plain tomato soup is also good. Real thermos like this one keep food warm for long hours, no bowl or microwave needed: http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-King-16-Ounce-Midnight/dp/B0017IFSIS/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&srs=2530615011&ie=UTF8&qid=1423194509&sr=1-2&keywords=thermos

And never ending trail mix. Keep a quart jar filled with nuts, seeds, dried fruits and maybe an occasional chocolate chip. As it gets empty keep buying refills of different items to add. Or you can parse the trail mix into snack sized baggies.