Finding I have days I'm really hungry

Options
i can't seem to satisfy that hunger pain. I spread my calories out throughout the day. Drink lots water. Any suggestions to help with this?

Replies

• shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Haha.
    Nothing seems to sound good when you have fresh minty breath. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eat? You'll have days like this. Though when I was newer to calorie counting, I wouldn't go over very often if I was hungry-I did find ways to eat high volume/low calorie and that's what saved me.

How many calories are you eating per day?
  • genericuser138
    genericuser138 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have those days. But it's because I am avoiding something bad I am craving. I will put it off for a day and if I still want it I will give in. But I am sensible about it. I don't know if that's similar to what you have going on.
  • LizTiz42
    Options
    Concentrate on the quality of food that you eat. Lean sources of protein and foods that are naturally high in water content and fiber (fruits and veggies). Additionally, legumes (peanuts, beans, lentils) are high in both protein and fiber. Foods like chili and protein bars like KIND are relatively low in calories and very filling. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber per day (the RDI recommendation) and the protein goals that MFP has set for you. Plus continue to drink lots of water.
  • 1taunya2
    1taunya2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. Not as often now. I always have water with me and so far it has worked. Keep your chin up. This will pass.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    your diary isn't open, so have no idea how many calories you're consuming in a day - perhaps you're simply not eating enough?
    -
    if you're actually truly hungry, eat. it doesn't have to be a big meal; a couple of slices of turkey wrapped around some raw peppers to chomp on can work wonders; or as someone else said low cal high volume options like a bunch of your favourite veggies cut into sticks and dipped in hummus or whatever you choose; but without knowing if you're consuming 2500 cals a day or 1400 it's kinda hard to know whether to suggest to eat more or just change what you're eating so you get more bang for your buck so to speak (like the low cal high volume stuff) :D

16434567.png