Reward yourself with clothes

Options
I'm always surprised to hear how reluctant some are to buy new clothes as the pounds come off. Perhaps they are waiting for the end point but why not dress better along the way. Be good to yourself for all the work and discipline. I didn't realize how much weight I had lost until I wore a four year old suit to a wedding. Now remedied with a MTM cashmere suit.

Replies

• trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am reluctant. Lost 13 pounds in one month -thats about 1 size- don't want to spend money every month on clothes until I'm closer to my goal weight.
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't want to spend the money on transition clothing either, would rather raid my smaller wardrobe once I fit into it, then at goal weight for the final time, splash out on a new wardrobe.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm just buying a few intermittent pieces; the rest I'll be adjusting with safety pins and a good ol' sewing machine. getting a couple of tops that have ties around the waist go a long way; as the weight comes off, you can just tie it tighter and tighter!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    SexyHealthyFit175 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of something new each month. Why wait to enjoy your success? We only live once! I'm going to be happy today! And then when I'm at my goal I will continue to reward myself for staying there !
  • flailx
    flailx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 42(+) pant - hard to say what size for sure, at some point I couldn't button the 42's. After I lost about 25-30 lbs. I got a pair of new jeans (size 36) as well as a few new shirts (mostly larges down from XXL). I have since passed the 36's on to my son and I now wear a 32 and medium shirts. I have been buying a fair amount of clothing, certainly much more than I usually do. I have pretty much replaced my winter wardrobe and I will be needing summer stuff. The upside is buying clothes is a much more pleasurable experience!
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love getting new clothes! I replace items in my closet periodically as I've been going through this journey. It's so rewarding to try on something in a size that you haven't worn in such a long time. I started at close to a size 24 (USA) and now my size 20 pants are getting too big. Time to check the 18s. I go to consignment stores to keep the costs down and shop the clearance rack.
  • Samantha9631
    Options
    I've been buying a few things here and there. I've probably spent about $400 in clothes so far in the last six months. But it makes me feel good. And buying a few new pieces has helped me get rid of the old. I try to get clearance or discounted when I can, I also try to buy my new stuff a bit tight, that way I can work into it.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    ..,buying a few new pieces has helped me get rid of the old. I try to get clearance or discounted when I can, I also try to buy my new stuff a bit tight, that way I can work into it.

^^ This!

Trousers are a real pet hate of mine - they have to fit! Everything else just gets updated as and when - if I see something really lovely in the sales and it will do me for a while, I'll get it.
  • Kcspecv
    Kcspecv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy some new clothes for a change the other night at kohls. Usually I can't find clearence in my size but with the weight loss I found lots that fit me! Some are still snug so it's a continued motivatation to keep going so they fit better still.
  • Th3Admiral
    Options
    I buy and take them in. A few darts in the back saves me the pain of letting go of clothes I love because I don't fit them anymore.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Although I've lost 112lbs the excess skin on my tummy means I still have to wear loose skirts so I just adjust the waistband.... it's bras I'm in desperate need of, I bought some a few months back but they're already saggy on me, and I'm loath to pay out for more as they're so expensive.

Has anyone else found that when they've lost weight their skirts get longer??
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My trousers got longer! I guess a skirt would do the same... :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!