Im a lacto ovo vegetarian and i need some food ideas. plz post your pics. Vegans too..

Options
babybellyfat
babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
I get bored easting the same thing.. post some recipes and pics. please :)) i love to get ideas on what you eat. thx

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    This is my lunch this week. I'm not even vegan and I love it. Fills me up!

http://www.foodfanatic.com/2014/08/cilantro-lime-rice-bowl-with-avocado-and-beans/
  • emilyannjones
    Options
    I use Quorn as its meat free, this is Quorn chicken pieces with peppers onion broccoli sweet corn and sweet potato mash. 9oc1wn3ih2az.jpg
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you like and can eat beans, this colourful salad is really tasty:

garbanzo_salad01.png

Chick peas, olives, green and red bell peppers, green onions, fresh parsley, and a Greek style "ladolemono" dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano.

I've made different variants on this with black beans and hominy instead of chick peas as well:

colombo_salad01.png

How about a "healthy" taco salad?

tacosalad01.png

...with beans, soy chorizo, creamy jalapeno sauce, green onions, tortilla chips, and baby kale + spinach salad.

-T.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For a quick lunch I grab a few of the Trader Joe meatless meatballs, through in some fresh veggies, a bit of soy sauce and that's it.

When I have time I make my own bean burger patties. You can use fresh or canned black beans, boiled or canned beets, basil, chili flakes and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Blend all those ingredients together until smooth. It will be a bit loose. Add some bread crumbs and one egg. Form into patties, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge to firm up.

At this point, I like to "fry" them up in the toaster oven but you can also bake them or cook them with a little bit of oil in a frying pan.

Enjoy!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    WOW those are YUMMY PICTURES!!! Today i had lentils salad with veggies, lemon ect.. Thanks for the great ideas. keep them coming if you have any more :)))
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Black bean burgers are the best! :) You can find recipes online and easy to make. I use onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, canned unsalted black beans (but the salted one is fine too) one egg, a little bit of garlic and breadcrumbs. Basically just make patties like @kittytrix suggested. I put mine in the oven for about 20min. When it's done I throw a bun and avocado slices on it. Sometimes I add white american cheese. :) For a side I make like a spinach salad or cut up some potatoes into fries and bake them as well.

• babybellyfat
    Options
    i got left over lentils and tofu any ideas???
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I made lentil soup for the this week's lunches- 16oz lentils washed and picked through, three carrots chopped, two celery sticks chopped, 1/2 onion chopped, three cloves garlic minced, 1 lg can diced tomatoes, 8c veggie broth, salt and pepper to taste, 1tbs olive oil, and 1tsp herbs d Provance. Throw it all in the crock pot and walk away. Makes enough for many meals and I always chuck some in the freezer as well.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    sound almost like a greek lentil soup :O) mmm
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    oqujnw9nuw18.jpg

All completely vegan, just let me know if you'd like any recipes!
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There's Garlic and "cheese" pasta
    Chocolate cupcakes
    Potato, onion and "cheese" flan
    "Cheese" wrap
    Nachos
    Couscous stuffed tomatoes
    Tofu nuggets
    Fish less pie
    Tofu quiche &
    Quesedilla!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I've been throwing Gardein 7 grain nuggets on toast with a smear of Vegenaise and mustard. Kind of like a chickenless Chic-fil-a. Yummy.
  • kramrn77
    Options
    I have had to cut out pretty much all meatless meats (I am not actually vegetarian, but do like having meatless meals) since being diagnosed with celiac. But I've been kicking around the idea of making my own lentil or black bean patties. It's just hard to get the hubby on board.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    I have had to cut out pretty much all meatless meats (I am not actually vegetarian, but do like having meatless meals) since being diagnosed with celiac. But I've been kicking around the idea of making my own lentil or black bean patties. It's just hard to get the hubby on board.

Hey, I had the same problem when I was primarily meatless AND wheatless.
    There are some good ones out there, though.
    If there's a Trader Joe's near you, look for the soy chorizo. It's basically crumbled tofu marinated in chorizo style seasonings. The best I've had. If they don't have it, a close second is the Torfurky Chorizo Style. My red meat eating Texan SO would actually eat both with his breakfast tacos (soft corn tortilla, of course).
    There's also the old standby of just plain extra firm tofu, sliced and fried. I used to coat it in garlic powder and olive oil, then fry it in a skillet. Serve it with some fried sliced polenta and cover both with tomato sauce, and your choice of veg on the side. I have a pic here of said "tofu steaks". The veg on the side is a melange from Trader Joe's freezer section.

Italian01.png

Oh yeah. For those of you who think vegan / dairy free / gluten free food is all healthy sawdust junk...feast your eyes on this:

sundae01.png

ALL VEGAN. Gluten free waffle bowl with ice cream: chocolate chai, chocolate habanero ("FireBird"), cubano coffee (mmm...hint of cinnamon), caramel sauce, and chopped pecans.

-T.
  • kramrn77
    Options
    Yum!
    I am going to have to try some of those tricks. We recently got a Trader Joes here. I don't go very often, but I do like going. I was going to try hitting up the farmer's market tomorrow and then do weekly shopping. Might have to throw that into my plans!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    OMG you guys are making me hungry WOWW!!!!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    There's Garlic and "cheese" pasta
    Chocolate cupcakes
    Potato, onion and "cheese" flan
    "Cheese" wrap
    Nachos
    Couscous stuffed tomatoes
    Tofu nuggets
    Fish less pie
    Tofu quiche &
    Quesedilla!

OMG All off them plz!!! mmmmm
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    i like veggie patch cutless or chick n nuggets they are my fav!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    what are some VEGAN friendly salad dressing, BBQ sauce ect??
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    my family tried to not eat meat for a week and the could not handle it.. so i understand on hubby part. I also want to make some patties!! i always buy and they cost so much.
    kramrn77 wrote: »