snacks?

Options
Didi_91
Didi_91 Posts: 11 Member
Looking for healthy snacks recipes. Thank you. I usually eat a fruit, but I want more options. Also more info on healthy snack granola or protein bars. What do you recommend?

Replies

• emilyannjones
    Options
    Try some yoghurt rice cakes or Plain Ones with peanut butter for protein :D
  • Didi_91
    Didi_91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese with either fruit or raw veggies gives protein and the crunch factor I need. I also like fruit with greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • GailNorC
    GailNorC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just tried these... Frozen grapes! Yum
  • kellymoore104203
    kellymoore104203 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use 5 soda crackers and 1 tbsp. peanut butter for protein
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My favorite low-cal options:
    1. Celery with peanut butter, light cream cheese or laughing cow cheese.
    2. Light string cheese.
    3. 1/2 apple or pear with peanut butter.
    4. Boiled egg.
    5. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with fruit or tomatoes.
    6. Cucumbers, carrots, celery, bell peppers with hummus.
    7. Olives.
    8. Radishes.
    9. Turnips cut into strips.
    If I use peanut butter, cream cheese or hummus I always measure it. Surprising how far just 1 tsp of pb or cr cheese or 1 tbsp of hummus will stretch!

Re: granola and protein bars - I like them but (for me personally) I think they have too many calories for a snack and I can't just eat 1/2 of one. Although, sometimes I keep one in my purse for emergencies and to keep me from driving through a fast food place.
  • NicShark
    NicShark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with smoked salmon mixed, lemon and cottage cheese are a real treat! Sprinkle with baby capers and cracked pepper... better than any restaurant!
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    one that works well for me is roasted seaweed. salty, slight crispiness, low cal and packed with iodine.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Celery with peanut butter is my favorite. Sometimes peanut butter turns into a little trigger for me so I go off it.
    cucumbers
    Sliced apples

I also don't typically eat granola bars as the calories are just not worth it.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apple with peanut butter. For some reason, that combo has just the right balance of flavors.

I don't have any other suggestions for 'healthy' snacks as healthy foods don't feel like snacks to me, but you might also try popcorn you make yourself. With just a couple of teaspoons of melted butter drizzled over it and some salt, it's quite tasty and lower in calories than microwave popcorn. If you like veggies, the Snapea Crips aren't bad. Kinda bland for my taste, but they are nice and crispy.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    crisisborn wrote: »
    one that works well for me is roasted seaweed. salty, slight crispiness, low cal and packed with iodine.

I second toasted nori snacks! Not everyone's taste, but it curbs the salty crunchy snack craving. Delicious!