New to this

Options
hey everyone! Just downloaded this app yesterday, recommended by my gynecologist. Never needed to loose weight as much as I do now but hey, that's life I guess. I've been struggling since about after my sons first birthday(July2014) and can't seem to get the hang of eating healthy. I find myself eating my meal and whatever my son doesn't finish just so it doesn't go to waste

Replies

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Hi. You picked a very supportive place to start your weight loss journey.
  • bushell93
    bushell93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey :) welcome to MFP. Its not easy trying to lose weight but just take it day by day :) i gained so much weight after having my twin boys 2 and a half years ago and never seemed to lose the weight :) but trying :D im 21 and just wanna get a nice body back again :) im always here for advice :D
  • adrienne67
    Options
    I have had this for a while, but stopped using. I am BACK NOW!!! this is second week of everyday logging. Going to need help the weekend. Always tough
  • candiisskinny
    Options
    I just joined and I'm super excited to get started!
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    HOTT use it everyday. When I don't hold myself accountable I go crazy. Work out like a madman but undo it with sweets, wine and junk. Keeping track everyday really helps
  • cmalcolmggs
    cmalcolmggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started two days ago and I am anxious to see some results. :)
  • leggy0125
    Options
    Hi I started this app and its great. I love it. I just need to get a scale to start weighing my food. I am on a journey to change not only my weight but my lifestyle as far as my health. I look forward to learning new things and getting feedback.
    Leggy
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First of all, you should start seeing a difference soon if you stop eating your sons portions of the food he does not eat. Would doing this put you back to eating what you did before he came in to the world?

If you are diligent about logging into MFP it will become a very good habit. I only have a few more pounds to lose but I will always use my Fitbit and MFP everyday so that I remain at my goal and maintain with exercise.

It takes about 3 - 4 weeks of logging and getting in your data so that you can see where you are and hopefully you see results. It took me about 5 weeks and I started seeing results (I did panic week to week) and I just kept doing it..

I can say this (I know everyone says it) if I can do it anyone can do it!
  • jeffandstaceystone248
    Options
    This app is very illuminating and will help to keep you accountable. For me, the numbers are the numbers :) And - it really teaches you to measure everything. I find for myself it is super easy to overeat if not measuring.
  • blanca424
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! That really makes me feel a lot better! I'm ready to do this! Give me some meal ideas! What do u like to eat for lunch and dinner? What's good?
  • claire2012mfp
    claire2012mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been doing this over a week now.. Some days I've been sooo hungry and sooo tempted to binge but I've come up with a solution.. Drink water with cut up lemons in it