how to get rid of double chin

Options
Due to weight gain. I have developed double chin which makes me look very old at 32 years.
Any idea how to get rid of that double chin. Are there any specific exercises that we need to do.

Suggestions.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    General fat loss...it comes off when it comes off...IME faces tend to drop weight quite quickly (but then so did my stomach and I read that's not common) ..I think its genetic lottery

Just keep dropping fat and it will go

You can't spot reduce any area of the body
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Overall fat reduction on one's body. Cannot spot reduce.
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Noted @rabbitjb
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    What? You mean these don't work? ;) darn it!7d9cssvkivyf.jpg
    $_3.JPG 83.9K
  • PurplePogoPunk
    PurplePogoPunk Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There are some yoga moves for tightening your neck that I do everyday in hopes of reducing my double chin. Firstly put your head back and raise your teeth towards your nose 10 times then put your head back and grin widely 10 times, it only takes a couple of minutes so worth a try right?
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I gain fat in my face really easily... but when I lose weight, people notice right away because it comes off my face first. So if you lose weight, you will lose face fat.
  • maggymouse
    maggymouse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exercise can tone up muscles, but fat is fat - you can't (unfortunately) choose where it goes from first, eg I gain on my tum first and lose from there last. But I'm sure you'll notice a difference as your weight goes down in general. Good luck x
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am another one in which the fat goes right to my face. As much as I would love to spot reduce it does not work that way.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Lose fat and it mostly goes away.

Mostly.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Due to weight gain. I have developed double chin which makes me look very old at 32 years.
    Any idea how to get rid of that double chin. Are there any specific exercises that we need to do.

Suggestions.

32 years is very old??? lol wow
  • JSurita2
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Suggestions.

Sorry I mis-read your post but don't know how to delete a posted reply.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My double chin disappeared with the weight loss. I was expecting wattles but my chin has tightened up fairly well. You may be so lucky.

Before:
    April%2BExport%2B036.jpg

Now:
    IMG_2163.JPG

That's with about 90 pounds down.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I get it. He's 32 and worries he looks older.

• JSurita2
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My double chin disappeared with the weight loss. I was expecting wattles but my chin has tightened up fairly well. You may be so lucky.

Wow! You look amazing! Congrats on a 90 pound loss.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    And I am old!!! LOL. I turn 55 this year.
  • Laurend224
    Options

Before:
    April%2BExport%2B036.jpg

Now:
    IMG_2163.JPG

Amazing progress! Also, where the heck was the top picture taken? Beautiful mountains!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    That's in Banff, Alberta. The Canadian Rockies are a natural world wonder. Come up and take a tour of the Columbia Icefields before they are gone.

• Laurend224
    Options
    That's in Banff, Alberta. The Canadian Rockies are a natural world wonder. Come up and take a tour of the Columbia Icefields before they are gone.

Beautiful.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I would love to do that. Is there a major airport nearby?
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    only way to lose the double chin is by doing chin ups.

:\