Friends/people who quits and come back...

Options
I wasn't sure if this forum would be the appropriate to ask this question or not, but I figured is sort of related to motivation and support.

In your opinion, do you feel like those people who quit and keep coming back lose credibility to you?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Not so much a matter of credibility, as that you can tell they are struggling for various reasons. Life issues, medication related weight gain, many things can be behind this problem.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know I've fallen off the wagon a few times myself. This is a lifetime journey, there are bound to be bumps in the road. I don't know if credible is the right word but advice is always a little more suspect when it comes from the do as I say not as I do perspective, but it doesn't make it bad advice
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, this is actually my 3rd attempt ~ I'm just wondering what people think. In reality, it really doesn't matter what others think as long as I have my motivation, but I was just curious what other thought about it.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    narwhalpr wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, this is actually my 3rd attempt ~ I'm just wondering what people think. In reality, it really doesn't matter what others think as long as I have my motivation, but I was just curious what other thought about it.

I think it is perfectly normal. Welcome back! Good luck this time around!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If they're coming back then they're not giving up. That's a good thing.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on what they are saying and doing this time. I don't feel like the past matters so much.

I've been trying to lose weight for 14 years. Sometimes I was fairly succesful but always regained and was back to trying again. This is my first time around with MFP. Things are a bit different this time. I can't say yet that I lost so many lbs and kept it off 5 years but I can say I am at my lowest weight in 5 years, offer what is helping me now and be supportive of others.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We would all like to be successful in our first attempt but the reality is pretty far from that.

The past is behind you, leave it there. The effort you put in today, tomorrow, and the day after that is what makes you who you are. The determination to keep coming back after a stumble shows character and is something to be proud of.