I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    No one in this thread has ever made an irrational split decision when faced with inner conflict...

Right...

But did we all start a thread asking to be congratulated about it?

so what? for him, it was a victory to toss out something so delicious. you have no idea what his background is or if he has any mental or behavioural issues when it comes to dealing with food.

for the OP, this was a victory. good for him.

i remmebr when i first started, i had conflicts just like this. i didnt throw out food, but i can see why he did it. he probably felt that ifhe didnt toss it out right there and then, he would have eaten it. who knows if he had done so, the guilt of it could have had him fall off the wagon.

congrats OP!
  • MisterZ33
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if I was in OP's shoes I would save the cheesecake for a day that I wanted it and it fit my calorie/macro/micro goal for the day …OR I would just save t for a day that I wanted to eat some cheesecake..

it is not a victory, it is a failure of epic proportions.

its not a failure of epic proportions. stop being so dramatic.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if I was in OP's shoes I would save the cheesecake for a day that I wanted it and it fit my calorie/macro/micro goal for the day …OR I would just save t for a day that I wanted to eat some cheesecake..

its not a failure of epic proportions. stop being so dramatic.

throwing away perfectly good food always equals fail ...

• ndj1979
    Options

You are a strong person mentally then. It must be wonderful to be so disciplined and strong every day :)

no, I just know how to eat to my calorie/macro/micro goal...

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    CONGRATS OP.

I have done that too on couple of occasions.

Pffft!!!

The former fat woman sometimes shows up.
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Before I eat something that looks delicious like that, I ask others, "Is it worth the calories?" I personally see nothing wrong with throwing it away, if it empowers you to make better choices to get closer to your fitness/health goal, what's the problem? Good for YOU!

Waynebradt, I totally agree with Karencerone. I say Hoorah! It was a huge impulse of will power to trash the cheese cake that others in the office would not want to touch since you already cut it and carried it to your desk. Way to go! Cat
  • MisterZ33
    Options

You are a strong person mentally then. It must be wonderful to be so disciplined and strong every day :)

good for you. you have done well. others are still learning.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

good for you. you have done well. others are still learning.

since i'm in maintenance, my calorie goals are flexible enough that i'd just eat it. if i couldn't just eat it, i wouldn't take it in the first place. i'd let someone else have it. for office food, i don't view "save for later" as an option.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.
    Well done for beating cheesecake! Don't know if I could have!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.

i was just thinking about all the food wastage in the all you can eat buffets. all those eyes bigger than there bellies. I wonder if the owners just scrape the food back in when we are not looking.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    No one in this thread has ever made an irrational split decision when faced with inner conflict...

Right...

Therefore everyone should run up and applaud the irrational decision...

Right.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i confess i too have thrown away a really nice cake in the bin, last year or maybe year before. I brought it with my own money but i felt i was losing control with the cake so threw it away. not cos it was bad or evil it was because i wanted to just eat the whole thing at once. sorry not sorry. and no i dont think i am disordered, yes i did waste money.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    farberry wrote: »

This comment is patently ridiculous
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Right...

But did we all start a thread asking to be congratulated about it?

YES!!!!!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I never knew so many people were squeamish about taking food that had already been served to someone else, even if that person never touched it or took a bite.

What do you all do in restaurants? I mean, the chef and the waitstaff have handled at least your plate, and have very likely *gasp* touched your meal!

Do you not ever share appetizers where someone else may encroach on the food?

Anyway, OP, next time just put the plate with your cheesecake slice back with the rest of the cheesecake. Those of us who don't mind someone else touching the plate will likely eat it. And if not, it will get tossed at the end of the day. No harm, no foul.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well done, but goddamit GIVE IT TO ME NEXT TIME
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I throw away cheesecake every time I eat it too. Sure fire way to make me poop a LOT, that stuff.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just can't believe the amount of people supporting throwing away perfectly good food...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    To the OP,

FedEx delivers to my house and I pretty much live in the country... Next time send me a message and you ship it to me!
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well, hindsight is 20/20, right? He shouldn't have taken it in the first place. He shouldn't have thrown it away. He shouldn't have wasted food. He should have used his powers of divination to know that cheesecake was coming to the break room that very day, and he should have accounted for it in his calorie goal from the time he woke up that morning.

BUT, stuff doesn't always happen as it should, so. . . good job OP, for sticking to your goals in the moment it really mattered! I'm sure this isn't your new modus operandi, of secretly tossing all of your coworkers treats in your office trash can. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!