Please put your weights away at the gym

Options
I hope everyone on MFP puts their weights away when they're done with an exercise. I don't work at a gym, but I help put some of the weights away to help the staff. I also like to find the weights I'm looking for without looking all over the gym. If you think it's not a hard job, give it a try some time and see how quick you get tired out. Putting your own weights away isn't that hard, but trying to reconstruct a puzzle because most of the weights are in the wrong place is quite a task. A messy gym may also turn off potential members, leading to the gym closing down. On a positive note, putting your weights away burns a few more calories and helps to build your muscles.

Replies

• mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would do this!!!I just started lifting weights 6 months ago and I have to look for some of the guys to help me take some of the weights off because its to heavy for me. I cant lift a whole lot yet and when I have to take them off I am tired and I haven’t even started my workout yet . That is nice you do this :)
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out with weight training and I find it so disrespectful to walk up to a station and there several heavy weights attached and I can barely lift them to put them away. I know I am there to lift but I want to lift safely and not injure myself cleaning up after someone else. Ok sorry for the rant but I am glad I am not the only one that is bothered by this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    mhoeff1 wrote: »
    I wish more people would do this!!!I just started lifting weights 6 months ago and I have to look for some of the guys to help me take some of the weights off because its to heavy for me. I cant lift a whole lot yet and when I have to take them off I am tired and I haven’t even started my workout yet . That is nice you do this :)

I am sure everyone would help if you said taking off all these 45's impair my ability to do the next set at full potential. Saying like that means you are trying to lift weights correctly for progressive overload. Maybe the d bags won't.