WTF!!! HELP PLEASE

Options
I have been doing this for about 3 months. I lost 3 pounds right away but now i've gained it back. I stay within my calories. I exercise. I don't know what else to do. I'm very frusterated!!!!! Please help if you have suggestions or tips.

Replies

• goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please go to your settings and make your diary public so we can help you. :)
  • luci2403
    luci2403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey cool808. It can be very frustrating when you are doing all the right things and getting no where - the great thing is your asking for ideas and not giving up - Well Done!

My suggestion is to change the food items you are eating and see if that helps..? I of course don't know what you are eating as I can't see your food diary however make sure you are getting close to you allowance each day - if you are not eating enough your body will go into survival mode and store any fat that you eat instead of burning it.

Keep going! :-)
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    Yes in order for ppl to help, you'll have to give us some more info like ur food diary. Cuz the reason may lie in there. Then we can give you suggestions :)
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The first place I would start is looking at what you are eating. Are you truly counting ALL calories? Are you eating healthy good-for-you foods of just counting calories. Is your salt intake too high? Are you drinking enough water? What about exercise? Are you getting any? If so, are you reliably (via HRM) counting the calories you burn or just going by what it says on the equipment.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I am still new to this but I felt like I wasn't really losing either with all my hardwork and dedication. So I went to the doctor today and she adjusted my medicines because sometimes that can be a hinderance. I'm not sure if you're on any but a quick check-in with your doctor couldn't hurt. Also, it could be mucsle or water weight. Either can cause you to look like you haven't lose anything. Have you taken your measurements? I wish you much luck but don't give up!
  • TracyHarmon10
    TracyHarmon10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is what you have set for your activity level. I chose "sedentery" even though I work as a nurse. It gives me a lot more calories for "lightly acitve" and I was not losing weight with it set up like that...
  • suzypoozie
    suzypoozie Posts: 12
    Options
    hey Cool! Don't give up! One thing I noticed in looking at your food diary is you are skipping many Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's. For me personally, these are my worst days - I eat more, drink alcohol, and exercise less. I wonder if you are doing the same thing and that may be where the mystery lies? I find if I am diligent and post EVERYTHING on EVERY DAY, it keeps the mystery out of it. It also makes me behave better, even if it is Saturday night. Good luck!
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree on many counts. Don't give up! Remember all the reasons you wanted to lose weight & stick with it. Also, you need to be logging your food every day. It looks like you're not fully keeping track of your intake, and without that we all tend to underestimate the calories in what we're eating. Log every single bite. I noticed a few items in your food diary that are high in calories but aren't so filling. Believe me, I'm no saint, especially lately, but an orange or an apple fills me up and satisfies my sweet tooth like a piece of cake can without using so many calories. A fun pack of Peanut M & Ms is a good sweet as well and dark chocolate dipped fruit or fat free chocolate milk. :) Find what works for you, but log it. :) Hope that helps some. Best of luck! You can do it!
  • cool808
    cool808 Posts: 3
    Options
    That sounds about right. I will try to keep that up on the weekend. I'm just usually so busy running around. I don't remember what i've eaten. But i know it's not as much during the week. The only thing is, I DO have a few beers.
  • suzypoozie
    suzypoozie Posts: 12
    Options
    That sounds about right. I will try to keep that up on the weekend. I'm just usually so busy running around. I don't remember what i've eaten. But i know it's not as much during the week. The only thing is, I DO have a few beers.

mmmm BEER! My calorie intake on Saturday was terrible due to beer and wine. :( I wasn't feeling very motivated on Sunday but I still did my work out!