All Natural Mass Shake

If your trying to bulk up, we all know how hard it is getting your calories in, here's some help..and it tastes great!! A whopping 846cals! Not for the faint of heart, but if your calorie requirement is high, it makes a gr8 addition with some solid ingredients. Adjust the ingredients down to fit it into your budget. Enjoy!

4oz Banana
8oz Almond milk vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries
2tblsp organic wheat grass
1tsp Ginger
2tblsp Agave
1 scoop(20grm protein) of ur protein (I use plant fusion)
1tblsp Almond butter
.50oz organic pepitas(raw no shell)
2tblsp coconut flakes

846 Cals
28g Fat
113g Carbs
36.6g Protein

Replies

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    20oz whole milk
    4oz heavy cream
    6 tablespoons PB
    16 oz chocolate pb cup ice cream
    4 scoops chocolate protein
    4 large bananas

Blend it.

3300 calories
    305 carbs
    174 fat
    152 protein
  • gio14 wrote: »
    If your trying to bulk up, we all know how hard it is getting your calories in, here's some help..and it tastes great!! A whopping 846cals! Not for the faint of heart, but if your calorie requirement is high, it makes a gr8 addition with some solid ingredients. Adjust the ingredients down to fit it into your budget. Enjoy!

4oz Banana
    8oz Almond milk vanilla
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1tsp Ginger
    2tblsp Agave
    1tblsp Almond butter
    2tblsp coconut flakes

846 Cals
    28g Fat
    113g Carbs
    36.6g Protein

Awesome thx I require 3k so this will help a lot...all except the coconut since I'm allergic
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    2 McDoubles from McDonalds are much easier to eat, taste a lot better, and provide the same calorie value.

I'd rather have those.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2015
    2 McDoubles from McDonalds are much easier to eat, taste a lot better, and provide the same calorie value.

I'd rather have those.
    Lol enjoy your McDoubles, I wouldn't touch em with a 10ft pole!
  • beastcompany
    gio14 wrote: »

I'd rather have those.

Okay, how about a nice KFC Famous Bowl? Baconator from Wendy's with a Fully Loaded Cheese Potato? Deep Dish Meatlovers from Pizza Hut?

I will enjoy my McDonalds though...as well as all of the options listed above. They're delicious :)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member

I'd rather have those.

Okay, how about a nice KFC Famous Bowl? Baconator from Wendy's with a Fully Loaded Cheese Potato? Deep Dish Meatlovers from Pizza Hut?

I will enjoy my McDonalds though...as well as all of the options listed above. They're delicious :)

Sorry man, but my shake >>>>>>>> Mickey Ds
  • gio14

I'd rather have those.

Famous KFC bowl...u say...baconator...well then that changes everything!! Actually I'll stick to my clean food and skip the cow nuts that r shredded in that baconator...enjoy though! I hear there quite salty ;D

• KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Thank you so much for the shake recipe! My fast food days are over....I have two kids and just turned the big 3-0-! lol. :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Meh, I'd rather have a good burger.
  • gio14
    KaraAlste wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the shake recipe! My fast food days are over....I have two kids and just turned the big 3-0-! lol. :)
    Right on ;) or u can always have a burger n some frys!! or even better that salty baconator.
  • beastcompany

I'd rather have those.

Famous KFC bowl...u say...baconator...well then that changes everything!! Actually I'll stick to my clean food and skip the cow nuts that r shredded in that baconator...enjoy though! I hear there quite salty ;D

You poor poor, highly misinformed individual. Ah well, you can lead a horse to water but sometimes they just drown.

Maybe someday you'll break free of your misconceptions regarding "clean" foods and learn how to enjoy a deprivation free diet while still seeing results.
  • gio14

You poor poor, highly misinformed individual. Ah well, you can lead a horse to water but sometimes they just drown.

Maybe someday you'll break free of your misconceptions regarding "clean" foods and learn how to enjoy a deprivation free diet while still seeing results.

I'll take my Grilled steak, quinoa pasta with a homemade veggie sauce and some grilled veggie or salad.. aka "clean/deprived" diet over ur McCrap options anyday. If u really think that fast food is gonna taste better then we're in 2 different dimensions. See in urs Horse crap is yummy tasty food. Like I said to each his own. Even so.. as far as nutritional value, vitamins/minerals and absorption rate if u think fast food is in the same field as raw food or that the quality of ur fast food calories are the same..then u just dont get it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015

I'll take my Grilled steak, quinoa pasta with a homemade veggie sauce and some grilled veggie or salad.. aka "clean/deprived" diet over ur McCrap options anyday. If u really think that fast food is gonna taste better then we're in 2 different dimensions. See in urs Horse crap is yummy tasty food. Like I said to each his own. Even so.. as far as nutritional value, vitamins/minerals and absorption rate if u think fast food is in the same field as raw food or that the quality of ur fast food calories are the same..then u just dont get it.

Pushing past the flavourful discussion, I would like to know what you mean that nutrient absorption is different? I'd be interested in credible studies if you have any because I'd like to look them over.

ETA or where you talking about absorption rate as in time to digest? It's not clear what your sentence really says...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

Pushing past the flavourful discussion, I would like to know what you mean that nutrient absorption is different? I'd be interested in credible studies if you have any because I'd like to look them over.

ETA or where you talking about absorption rate as in time to digest? It's not clear what your sentence really says...

Gud luck wyt dat
  • gio14 wrote: »

4oz Banana
    8oz Almond milk vanilla
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1tsp Ginger
    2tblsp Agave
    1tblsp Almond butter
    2tblsp coconut flakes

846 Cals
    28g Fat
    113g Carbs
    36.6g Protein

• drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    I used to just grind up a cup of oatmeal and add banana and peanut butter, and milk with the chocolate protein. Also if post workout maybe consider dextrose as a carb powder..maybe limite to 25 grams and fill rest of carbs with oatmeal....or if you have a budget for supplements I am getting good results with the carb powder GLYCOFUSE by Gaspari.
  • gio14
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Gud luck wyt dat

Sure I'd be glad to clarify....by nutrient absorption, I meant ur body does not get the nutrients it needs from fast food. Food is more than just a source of protein, carbohydrate, and fat..right?! it’s also our source of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) that support our body’s many physiological functions.

A major problem with McCrappy burgers and other processed foods, sugar treat and fast food...is they’re deficient in micronutrients. A major benefit of eating “clean/healthy” is it provides your body with a ton of these micronutrients.

This means fast food is relatively nutrient-poor. A study published in the "Journal of the American College of Nutrition" in 2004 found that the more often people ate fast food, the lower their micronutrient intake was.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15047683

If you eat too much junk food, and too few healthy foods, you'll develop vitamin and mineral deficiencies that can cause many different health problems.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15714213

So if ur wrking ur *kitten* off in the gym to be "healthier" then u would think u would take all this into consideration..if u just want to lose weight and look like a a trash bag filled with corn, then by all means go all out on fast food. Like I've said plenty a times, to each their own. But if your in it for the long haul then this is all part of the equation.

If we eat too much low quality, processed meat, we may also be increasing our risk of cancer.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18444144

Sure, our bodies can use McCrappy's burger patties to build muscle, and we could use flexible dieting to eat them every day, but is it worth the potential health risks? I might agree that for some people, those things could be somehow "forgiven" but in the long run, time will take its toll.

The more trans fats (found in many processed foods) we eat, the higher our risk of heart disease, diabetes, infertility, and more.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16998148
    Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11382654
    Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17209201

There’s a reason why the Institute of Medicine recommends that our trans fat intake be “as low as possible.” The stuff is bad.

D-D-Data: http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=0309085373

My point is health matters more than how you look. If ur spending the time in the gym then u need to understand this stuff.

Being shredded doesn’t matter if your hormone profile is jacked up, your immune system is suppressed, and your body is starving for nutrients.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Gud luck wyt dat

Sure I'd be glad to clarify....by nutrient absorption, I meant ur body does not get the nutrients it needs from fast food. Food is more than just a source of protein, carbohydrate, and fat..right?! it’s also our source of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) that support our body’s many physiological functions.

A major problem with McCrappy burgers and other processed foods, sugar treat and fast food...is they’re deficient in micronutrients. A major benefit of eating “clean/healthy” is it provides your body with a ton of these micronutrients.

This means fast food is relatively nutrient-poor. A study published in the "Journal of the American College of Nutrition" in 2004 found that the more often people ate fast food, the lower their micronutrient intake was.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15047683

If you eat too much junk food, and too few healthy foods, you'll develop vitamin and mineral deficiencies that can cause many different health problems.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15714213

So if ur wrking ur *kitten* off in the gym to be "healthier" then u would think u would take all this into consideration..if u just want to lose weight and look like a a trash bag filled with corn, then by all means go all out on fast food. Like I've said plenty a times, to each their own. But if your in it for the long haul then this is all part of the equation.

If we eat too much low quality, processed meat, we may also be increasing our risk of cancer.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18444144

Sure, our bodies can use McCrappy's burger patties to build muscle, and we could use flexible dieting to eat them every day, but is it worth the potential health risks? I might agree that for some people, those things could be somehow "forgiven" but in the long run, time will take its toll.

The more trans fats (found in many processed foods) we eat, the higher our risk of heart disease, diabetes, infertility, and more.

Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16998148
    Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11382654
    Data: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17209201

There’s a reason why the Institute of Medicine recommends that our trans fat intake be “as low as possible.” The stuff is bad.

D-D-Data: http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=0309085373

My point is health matters more than how you look. If ur spending the time in the gym then u need to understand this stuff.

Being shredded doesn’t matter if your hormone profile is jacked up, your immune system is suppressed, and your body is starving for nutrients.

I like the sources but they don't show what you say. It shows that if you have a crapy diet without enough micros you have deficiencies in those micros as per your first and second study. This isn't surprising but doesn't mean you aren't absorbing the same "rate" of nutrients, which is a different statement altogether than not getting enough in your food.

The third study shows that meat in general, not just processed meat, can cause cancer and yes this is also known and if you use a marinade with anti-oxidants in it it actually reduces that carcinogen.

Transfats? Why all the straw men here? I asked about the nutrient abortion rates not transfats and carcinogens etc.

I don't think anyone here has ever advocated a junk food/fast food diet but rather that in moderation they are fine. Most of us will agree that eating healthfully as your primary food source is best but junk food in moderation won't hurt.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    DYELB wrote: »
    20oz whole milk
    4oz heavy cream
    6 tablespoons PB
    16 oz chocolate pb cup ice cream
    4 scoops chocolate protein
    4 large bananas

Blend it.

3300 calories
    305 carbs
    174 fat
    152 protein

This man knows what he's talking about. That first one posted...
    1310495839976.jpg