Is too much Fiber & Protein bad?

Options
Is it possible to have too much fiber or protein? I know the answer is ultimately "Yes," but it seems like I go just a little over my fiber and protein allowance every day.

I feel like a lot of protein and fiber would be a good thing... but is going over by 5-15 going to make a difference in weight loss?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Uless you have a medical issue, the Protein and Fiber setting on here are low. My protein is about 80 - 100 gr per day.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Those are 2 things i never worry about going over in.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Uless you have a medical issue, the Protein and Fiber setting on here are low. My protein is about 80 - 100 gr per day.

Thank you! I thought they seemed low!
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say the same thing... fiber and protein are good... now sodium and sugar is something you don't wanna go over...
  • taylor_lynn
    taylor_lynn Posts: 27
    Options
    That's what I thought, thanks guys!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    just remember that your plate should be half full of veggies and your meat should be the size of a deck of cards. It is better to get mroe protien from sources other than meat. Like eggs, peanut butter, nuts, ext. Lots of veggies and fruit will do you good. So I would say you should be fine and it is hard to go over on those two. Just make sure you are burning also.
  • dolls106
    dolls106 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your protein should be"lean" protein which means low in fat. Therefore if you go over on your protein but are maintaining a low-fat diet, then you should be fine.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to have too much fiber or protein? I know the answer is ultimately "Yes," but it seems like I go just a little over my fiber and protein allowance every day.

I feel like a lot of protein and fiber would be a good thing... but is going over by 5-15 going to make a difference in weight loss?
    MFP sets it way to low. I try to get atleast 125 in protein a day and 30- 40 in fiber. BOTH are your friend. :)
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Aim to hit all of your targets, each and every day. If you are under on one but over on another, try some new foods out. You'll be surprised at just how much variety is out there in whole, clean foods.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much fiber or protein, as far as I am concerned. The more the better for me!
  • suzypoozie
    suzypoozie Posts: 12
    Options
    I am so happy to see this subject, as I go over in my protein every day almost and it's really been bothering me. Good to read that many feel the setting is low, and also that, as long as it's lean protein, it's good! Thank you for the subject and answers! :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You can always change the setting to reflect a more "normal" # for protein!!!