how to get rid of double chin

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The closest major airport is in Calgary, Alberta (YYC). The Columbia Icefields are in major wilderness so at the very least expect an overnight trip. The ice fields are closed now until mid-April.

Driving Distances to the Columbia Icefield
    Banff, AB 180 km 2.5 hrs
    Jasper, AB 108 km 1 hr
    Lake Louise, AB 120 km 1.5 hrs
    Calgary, AB 308 km 3.5 hrs
    Edmonton, AB 450 km 5 hrs
    Vancouver, BC 932 km 10.5 hrs
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    as already stated, over all fat loss - I always had a double chin - even when I was 110 pounds and a size 3 in high school, I had a double chin (thanks Dad) I used to joke I was part bull frog. I finally had it sucked out by a surgeon when I was in my late 20s
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    My face was the first place I noticed weight loss and some four months later the loose skin under the chin has tighten up more than I expected. I did cheat by growing a beard in the mean time. It stops people from seeing my face is getting more thin too.
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    There are some yoga moves for tightening your neck that I do everyday in hopes of reducing my double chin. Firstly put your head back and raise your teeth towards your nose 10 times then put your head back and grin widely 10 times, it only takes a couple of minutes so worth a try right?

Like everyone is saying, you cannot spot reduce, but you can work out those muscles just like anywhere else. Toning muscles will help tighten things up as you lose the weight. I was apprehensive at first and figured they it wouldn’t work, but I did a facial and neck stretch/work out that I saw on YouTube. I felt ridiculous while doing it, but my god after the video was over, my facial muscles were hella tired! I can’t say it will rid you of a double chin, but it couldn’t hurt.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    I had a double chin and double chest (I had an awkward settling of fat directly under my breasts that, when wearing clothes that in any way hugged me, made me look like I had two sets of boobs). General weight loss got rid of the second set of boobs first, then the second chin.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    I had a double chin and double chest (I had an awkward settling of fat directly under my breasts that, when wearing clothes that in any way hugged me, made me look like I had two sets of boobs). General weight loss got rid of the second set of boobs first, then the second chin.

How dare you get rid of a second pair of boobs!
  • bmp1290
    bmp1290 Posts: 60 Member
    Due to weight gain. I have developed double chin which makes me look very old at 32 years.
    Any idea how to get rid of that double chin. Are there any specific exercises that we need to do.

Suggestions.

I actually seen a post on pinterest the other day that was exercises for double chin, seriously. They actually made since because the exercises tightened & worked the muscles in your face. But most of a double chin will go away with weight loss. but you could do the Exercises I talked about Above to work & tighten the muscles in your neck & face.
  • bmp1290
    bmp1290 wrote: »
    Due to weight gain. I have developed double chin which makes me look very old at 32 years.
    Any idea how to get rid of that double chin. Are there any specific exercises that we need to do.

Suggestions.

I actually seen a post on pinterest the other day that was exercises for double chin, seriously. They actually made since because the exercises tightened & worked the muscles in your face. But most of a double chin will go away with weight loss. but you could do the Exercises I talked about Above to work & tighten the muscles in your neck & face.

Just google it, you should find it
  • bmp1290
    MisterZ33 wrote: »

How dare you get rid of a second pair of boobs!

Well.....lol
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member

Suggestions.
    Mine disappeared when I lost weight. Lose the weight gradually and yours will too.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Jennloella wrote: »
    as already stated, over all fat loss - I always had a double chin - even when I was 110 pounds and a size 3 in high school, I had a double chin (thanks Dad) I used to joke I was part bull frog. I finally had it sucked out by a surgeon when I was in my late 20s

Soooo me. I just try to keep my head up as much as possible. It helps that I've graduated to bifocals, so I turn my head up to look at things up close now. . .and I look at things up close a LOT.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    That's in Banff, Alberta. The Canadian Rockies are a natural world wonder. Come up and take a tour of the Columbia Icefields before they are gone.

Thanks...put it "on the list". :)

• satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    What? You mean these don't work? ;) darn it!7d9cssvkivyf.jpg

lol
  • satisatisati
    maggymouse wrote: »
    Exercise can tone up muscles, but fat is fat - you can't (unfortunately) choose where it goes from first, eg I gain on my tum first and lose from there last. But I'm sure you'll notice a difference as your weight goes down in general. Good luck x

Thanks. I am seeing lot of improvements in my chest area. lost 4 kgs so far. Hoepfuly I will be able to get rid of it by losing few more kilos :)
  • satisatisati

Suggestions.
    Mine disappeared when I lost weight. Lose the weight gradually and yours will too.

thanks
  • satisatisati
    Lose fat and it mostly goes away.

Mostly.

thanks
  • satisatisati
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My double chin disappeared with the weight loss. I was expecting wattles but my chin has tightened up fairly well. You may be so lucky.

Before:
    April%2BExport%2B036.jpg

Now:
    IMG_2163.JPG

That's with about 90 pounds down.

That's an amazing transformation. Salute!
  • satisatisati
    bmp1290 wrote: »

Suggestions.

Thanks. I will try those exercises.
  • satisatisati

thanks. my chest area was also quite loose. But after doing 100 pushups a day since last 2 months. I see lot of improvements in that area. I hope i can get rid of my double chin by loosing few more kilos.
  • satisatisati
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    only way to lose the double chin is by doing chin ups.

:\

thanks. I have started doing chin up with support. I can't do it with my body weight yet. But within few days, I will be able to do 10 chinups. I agree with you that will really help.