any feedback on shakeology? worth it?

Options
Thinking about trying shakeology.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Track your food, eat at a deficit to lose weight. You don't need shakes sold by so-called "coaches".
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Save your money
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My personal approach: avoid ALL products sold in multi level marketing schemes and/or those sold by so-called friends.

Short answer: it's an expensive product, that's not worth the money imho.
  • mulch1999
    mulch1999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. That's how I have felt. Just pondering again.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tried it because at the time I had not found a protein powder that I liked. This tasted like chocolate vegatables and is way over priced. It went back immeadiately. If you are looking for a powder, go to GNC because they have single sizes for purchase.
    I personally would advise against it but returns are accepted if you want to try it.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    In addition to what's been said already, there's another point to consider: to successfully lose weight and keep it off, you need to develop new habits that are sustainable. If you just think of weight loss as dieting until you reach your goal, you're likely to go back to your old habits and regain the weight.

So unless you plan to eat Shakeology shakes for the rest of your life, I recommend against them.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I was being hounded by about 6 different "coaches" who were all trying to push their product - so I agreed to try a free sample just to shut them up. I tried the chocolate - it was like drinking sand. The texture was so gritty and the flavor was nothing special. Some people swear by the stuff but I am not gonna spend my money on it.
  • Kegbeth69
    Kegbeth69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doesn't taste good and doesn't mix very well. It has a chalky taste.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes, but not as a meal. I use them as snacks or before/after a workout. I get the Body Fortress Whey. The vanilla and strawberry are very good.
  • ladygreylovestea
    Options
    I drink yummy protein shakes adding fruits or veggies. My family drinks Juice Plus complete. It is soy protein and all natural. Very healthy.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If it's sold by a MLM, I generally won't buy it. I hate the whole "sell to your friends...PROFIT!!!" business model. Parties are for socializing, not for begging your guests for money.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I drink yummy protein shakes adding fruits or veggies. My family drinks Juice Plus complete. It is soy protein and all natural. Very healthy.

I eat food. All sorts of food. Very healthy.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a total waste of $ to me. I'd rather just eat food.
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago when I successfully completed P90X. Life & goals changed and needless to say I'm back where I started. I've been contemplating buying it again because I lost weight & felt great. It is expensive though. I'm sure I can do it without it. But I like the convenience of a shake for lunch.
  • barberlady101
    barberlady101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I came across this question and enlightened by the responses! It IS an expensive product and it's amazing how much it's "pushed"
    Thanks for saving me money!
  • aeb1014
    aeb1014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different likes/dislikes. I like both the Chocolate & Vanilla (not a fan of the Strawberry though). I like the convenience of it & I mix it in my bullet w/ unsweetened Almond Milk for the taste & the extra calcium. I also do think it has helped my cravings. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I figure I am eating out way less, so it balances out.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If you like the convenience of a shake meal, just toss some veggies and yogurt in the blender and go. Fresh mint, cucumbers, kale or spinach and some greek yogurt....tasty and no inflated costs.

• navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Its horrible. I drink regular protein shakes now and they cost alot less..
  • angee143143
    Options
    mulch1999 wrote: »
    Thinking about trying shakeology.

I seriously felt it is just another fad over priced as well,, so many amazing protein powders that offer just as many great benifits cost less . Visit your local health food , whole food stores give yourself some time to find one n research n compare :-)))) I like Sun WArrior