Doing the Jamie Eason's LiveFit, any one want to join me

Options
i'm starting the Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program tomorrow , anyone want to join me
I'm 168lb and 5ft7in height women, I'm doing this program to lose weight and gain muscle.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html?page=26

is there anyone that tried the program and what sort of result did they get?

i'll add before and after pictures later :-D

Replies

• mommyo30
    Options
    I'm on week 5 of the program and l track it on the Bodyspace app. How have you been doing?
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am on week 4. I like using the bodyspace app. I am enjoying the program. So much that I am actually working out on Friday's after work. Which is so unlike me! Friday's were always happy hour time. Now it's gym then maybe a little happy hour because I want to feel good the next day to hit it again. I am not following the meal plan, bad. But, i am counting calories & "trying" to track macros. I have lost 6 lbs but i am certain that is because of decreased calorie intake. I didn't measure. I need to. Below are my highlights thus far.

I can do 6 push ups on my toes which i wasn't able to do at all. Winning!
    Slight definition in my arms, back & that awful bulge over my bra went away
    I can now wear my workout pants with a fitted top without worrying about bulge
    Most importantly, I feel stronger & confident since i started the program. Lifting just makes me feel like a bad *kitten*!

I was going to still do cardio when i started & sometimes tempted because i equate cardio to fat/weight loss. but, i am sticking to the program, no cardio until phase 2. i might have thrown in a run once or twice over the last 3 weeks but just for fun. I plan on adding a before & after when i get through it.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 4 - please feel free to add me on BodyBuilding/BodySpace. My name is BadgerBobcat!
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just started today! Wow....I thought my arms were going to fall off afterwards but it was great otherwise!

I'm 5'3" and 147lbs.

The app is really cool. I especially like that it tells you how much weight you lifted in total.

I do the workout at work on my lunch hour. Luckily they have their own gym!

I would love to join you for the next 12 weeks :)
  • cazzahi
    cazzahi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i've complete my day one, and my arm are aching this morning. all good :-D
    thnakyou for the app recommendation, i will have a look at these after work.

a quick question, i'm following the food recommended , can some one look at my 1st day and let me know what they think please. (i'm sooooooo full)

and when is the best time to do the exercise or doesn't it matter?

also please add me as a friend :-D
  • cazzahi
    Options
    day 3 done , still feeling really full, got hair cut yesterday and was eating my cooked chicken in the hairdressers whilst getting it dyed, lol

i feel like i'm changing already.

any comments on my diet would be great as this is all new to me :-D
  • Laceyanne23
    Laceyanne23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you think.it would be possible top do most of the program from home?
  • cazzahi
    Options

i 'm doing this at home , i have weights, a bench and a treadmill, any excises i need gym equipment I'm looking at the alternative to these excises.

• cazzahi
    Options
    day 5 - tired and full :-D
  • cazzahi
    Options
    on day 8, need the 3 day rest was getting tired, but today i have got a spring in my step and the weights seam easier this week :-D
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I am on week 5 day 31. Phase 2 is definately more intense with weights. I am liking it so far, but I guess I'm used to working out and it reflecting on the scale. Not so much with Livefit, but I can see that I'm toning and getting more definition in my arms :) Pushups are also becoming easier as are pullups (I can almost do a full one :smiley: ).
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I just started P2 today, but will be doing 2-a-Days for cardio since I can't do more than an hour in the mornings.

How is everyone doing? What are you goals? Are you seeing results?
  • Mapes84
    Mapes84 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 7, day 51! I have definitely gained muscle definition in my upper body, but I haven't experienced any fat loss. I am not following her meal plan (too restrictive for me), and I think I haven't been eating at enough of a deficit to lose fat considering I've only been doing cardio for 3 weeks now. Many people swear you will see the bulk of your "leaning out" results in Phase 3, so I am sticking it out. That being said, Phase 3 looks terrifying
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Mapes84 wrote: »
    I'm in week 7, day 51! I have definitely gained muscle definition in my upper body, but I haven't experienced any fat loss. I am not following her meal plan (too restrictive for me), and I think I haven't been eating at enough of a deficit to lose fat considering I've only been doing cardio for 3 weeks now. Many people swear you will see the bulk of your "leaning out" results in Phase 3, so I am sticking it out. That being said, Phase 3 looks terrifying

I didn't quit cardio the first month which everyone says is a "no-no." I did a few days in week 1 when 3 days of rest is way too many.
    This is not my first round of a workout program so I didn't feel the need to so severely cut back.

I find that the first 6 weeks of any program my weight goes up and then drops later, so I agree with you on sticking with it.

After previewing the 2nd and 3rd phases I asked myself "What have I gotten myself into?!"

sending FR :)
  • cazzahi
    Options
    12lb lost so far, feeling great
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    cazzahi wrote: »
    12lb lost so far, feeling great

That's so great! I'm toward the lower range of my weight goal so I'm not expecting to lose much.

You are a few days behind me, I started 1/28.

• daydreamer1987
    daydreamer1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 1 tomorrow - how's everyone finding it? Any tips?
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm on phase one.. day #3. Awesome sauce! I LOVE lifting weights. I had been a cardio addict everyday so i'm gladly taking this break!
    I cheated on the meal plan a tiny bit the first couple of days because my lazy butt didn't make it to the store but i got what i needed today. Cooking for myself, husband & 3 children sometimes makes it hard but i got my husband on board:)
    I cannot wait to make the protein bars! Has anyone made them yet? Going to try pumpkin first.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    cazzahi wrote: »

i 'm doing this at home , i have weights, a bench and a treadmill, any excises i need gym equipment I'm looking at the alternative to these excises.

The first couple of days i'd say you can use other variations of the exercises at home ( i have a total gym machine & weights) but after today (#3), i'm not sure how you'd be able to do the leg work (extensions, press, curls or seated calf raise) without the gym. Just my opinion.