I'm just staying at the same weight

Any suggestions on how I can lose weight I'm trying so hard :-(

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Simple, eat at a calorie deficit.

What have you been doing to lose weight that hasn't been working?
  • Hey I having been eating healthily and going gym 5 days a week
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Open your diary up, and we can probably see where you're going wrong.

Are you honestly and accurately weighing your food?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    We'll need more information to be able to answer a question like this. Your ticker says need to lose 12 pounds. That's not very much. Kind of in that last 10 "vanity" pounds range. It will come off slowly. If you open your food diary to public people can offer suggestions based on your calorie range/foods you are eating. Are you doing any exercise? As the above poster mentioned, eating at a calorie deficit is the simple science of it. If you are not losing it is highly likely you are logging inaccurately.
  • JeffPrunk
    JeffPrunk Posts: 3 Member
    Cardio and free weights burn calories, less intake and stay close your daily calorie consumption goal and you should see results.... I found I ate more calories than I realized keeping accurate track here on Myfitnesspal, so by dialing in the REAL amount of calories and exercising properly you should see real results.
  • I think i have opened my food diary
  • MB_Positif
    I think i have opened my food diary

Still not visible. You'll need to go into settings and choose "public"
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    I think i have opened my food diary

Settings - Diary Settings- Click "Public" - Save Changes :)
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    While we wait for that diary to open :-D , are you tracking anything useful, or just the number on the scale? Waist, etc. measurements and how well clothes fit are far more useful measures of success.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Are you weighing all your food?
    How tall are you?
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? Uf so what %?
    Where are you getting your burn estimates from?
  • MB_Positif
    Ok, if you are logging every bite that goes into your mouth, you are starving yourself. I don't know how long you've been at this and I am not going to badger you with "starvation mode" but when you only have 12 pounds to lose you can't go at it this aggressively. I personally, would set my goal to lose 1/2 pound per week. Eat food. Exercise. Enjoy!
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    IF, you are in fact logging every thing you eat, your diary tells me that you aren't eating nearly enough.

How long have you been at this?
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Holy *kitten*. Are you truly only eating ~700 calories a day? Please, please, please up them to something sustainable.
  • donnamclellan1
    donnamclellan1 Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Ok I see what your saying ... I will up my food and train more .. I was following a diet where you replace foods with protein shakes.., thank you for your advice
  • MB_Positif
    Ok I see what your saying ... I will up my food and train more .. I was following a diet where you replace foods with protein shakes.., thank you for your advice

You probably don't need to train more. You just need to up your food intake and be patient.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    I see you dont like fruit and veg or much real food at all. You are going to get in serious trouble if the majority of your calories is 2 protein shakes.