Fitbit and adjusted calories

Options
i just started using a Fitbit charge hr and I've noticed that it adds a lot of calories for me to consume. I feel like it's adding too many calories for me to stay within my goals. I'd like to know how other Fitbit users handle this. Do I really need that many calories, or is it completely inaccurate?

Replies

• sarahtsabo
    sarahtsabo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You mean as far as adding back activity calories earned? I don't necessarily eat everything that is added back all the time, but you should eat some of them back.
  • No_excuses_nikki
    No_excuses_nikki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It depends on your activity for the day. So if you are very active, then you will have a higher fitbit adjustment! Also keep in mind ( just incase your looking at other Diaries, that the more you weigh the more cals you burn) I'm fairly petite now and don't get an adjustment until I'm over 8000 steps. Another thing i can suggest is to make sure your weight and stuff is correct on fitbit if you think it is high! having the HR should give you a pretty accurate burn! One more thing, Dont log exercises if you have your fitbit synced or you will be double logging it.
  • tchap532
    tchap532 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't log any exercise today, didn't even workout, I did get to 10,000 steps just from my daily routine and it added over 1000 calories. That seems way too high. I double checked my weight and it is correct. Hmmm...