my fat jeans are still tight

Options
12 days.....1200 calories per day....hiit training......why are my fat jeans still tight?
i am trying to focus on other benefits like feeling better, waking up not tired......
but it's hard to not get discouraged.

Replies

• susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    12 days isn't that long, keep working at it, you will see results.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's 10 lb, usually, for a jeans size!
  • tjhowes6564
    Options
    I think the 10 lb rule isn't really the case for everyone - it depends on how much you have to loose. Probably more like a % of weight loss will result in a smaller pants size. So for us larger women - 10 pounds is a drop in the bucket (so to speak) but for a smaller person, that 10 pounds could definitely mean a smaller pants size. I've lost 9 pounds and actually feel like my pants are tighter than normal. The point is - keep going pippin44 - it will happen - just might take a little longer than you initially hoped. Baby steps!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    12 days isn't nearly long enough.

At an average loss of 1 lb/week, give it 2-3 months before you lose a size.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    12 days is nothing

How much do you have to lose?
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I totally understand you though! After all my hard work I want something to look different or people to notice me. What I usually do is look at a picture of me from my highest weight, and be happy that I can tell myself that I don't look like that anymore even if it's just slightly. Keep going, and be happy about different things!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am into month 2 and they are still tight, even though I have lost a few lbs. Good news is that my face is less fat. Takes time and patience.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Be patient
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think that's why alot of people give up. Because they don't see results NOW! ! As everyone else said, patience is a prerequisite when losing weight
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    For myself the 26 pounds I've lost has equaled being down 3 pant sizes, and 1 shirt size (I have large breasts, so even at or below goal weight I'll be in a medium to large shirt). It just depends on where your body uses fat from first, an unfortunately we don't get to pick it. Two weeks is not nearly enough time to see a change in pant size for most.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I've been at this nine weeks and my jeans are just now starting to get baggy. I carry most of my weight in my lower half. Pretty happy I will need to shop the back of my closet soon. I have gone down from XXL to L in shirts though, which is exciting. Down 17 lbs since I started MFP and 27 since last August.

Give it time!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 3-4 sizes in jeans after losing 24lbs
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    this is a lifestyle change, takes lots of patience, you just started
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how much are you trying to lose? Believe it or not, with the amount of workout you're doing, you may need to increase your calories a bit more.
  • irretrievable_
    Options
    Muscle gain. Don't worry though; more muscle means more fat burning in long term. 12 days isn't enough to see results, even at 1200 calories. Remember, your body is going through recomposition, burning down fat and building up muscle to deal with high strain activities like HIIT.

You're probably also going to have some water retention as your body needs extra water to build muscle and break down fats.

The real question is, do you feel like your fitness routine is adding value to your life in more ways than weight change? This will tell you if it's something you can stick to long term or if you need to find another regimen.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    pippin44 wrote: »
    12 days.....1200 calories per day....hiit training......why are my fat jeans still tight?
    i am trying to focus on other benefits like feeling better, waking up not tired......
    but it's hard to not get discouraged.

Adjust your expectations.
    Your body will change but it will take longer than 12 days.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Muscle gain. Don't worry though; more muscle means more fat burning in long term. 12 days isn't enough to see results, even at 1200 calories. Remember, your body is going through recomposition, burning down fat and building up muscle to deal with high strain activities like HIIT.

You're probably also going to have some water retention as your body needs extra water to build muscle and break down fats.

The real question is, do you feel like your fitness routine is adding value to your life in more ways than weight change? This will tell you if it's something you can stick to long term or if you need to find another regimen.

No No No No No No

OP did NOT build muscle in 12 days.

OP did NOT build muscle only eating 1200 calories a day
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My fat jeans are still tight too, OP. Because, despite the fact that I work out regularly, I still eat more calories than I expend.

It's been 12 days. Give it time. Weigh and measure everything you consume. Log it truthfully and faithfully because fudging that data only hurts you. Mmmm....fudge....

Come back in 6 weeks if you still haven't noticed a difference.