I need support, help!

Options
I'm so unmotivated. This week has been a terrible week for me nutrition-wise. I just can't seem to get back on track after a cheat meal last Sunday. I'm currently doing the Insanity work outs and I'm on day 11. By day 7 I had some results already, but I feel like these past 5 days have totally wiped out any of the results I had and I'm back looking like I did on day 1.

I can't even do all of the circuits in the insanity workout still. I can't do all the push ups or all of the ab work that you have to do and I feel like this seriously sets back my progress. I get so frustrated with myself!! I just feel so fat and I feel like this weight is never going to come off and I'm always going to miserable with my body.

I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit for the first time in my life this summer. I don't want to look at the pictures taken of me and feel disgusted. I just want to get this weight off, keep it off, and feel the best I've ever felt!

Does anyone have some tips for getting back on track with eating right? And how to keep motivation when you feel like all is lost? Any motivation would be so appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant and for supporting me through this difficult time, I really appreciate it.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Are you over restricting yourself? Can you open your diary?
  • Llumarick21
    Options
    Healthy weight loss takes time! Be patient and keep healthy snacks around and drink lots and lots of water! The first two weeks are the hardest! Hang in there;)
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    I just opened my diary, but not everything that I've eaten in the last 5 days was logged. I was eating pretty badly and I didn't log a lot of it, so don't think Ive been eating less than 1000 calories a day, it's just not all there. Thanks for your help
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What are your stats? Are you over restricting yourself? Can you open your diary?

I just opened my diary, but not everything that I've eaten in the last 5 days was logged. I was eating pretty badly and I didn't log a lot of it, so don't think Ive been eating less than 1000 calories a day, it's just not all there. Thanks for your help
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • maddy_g1109
    Options

What are your stats?

I'm currently 5'1" at 130 lbs
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Also, just a quick glance at your diary, you really want to weigh things, it makes a huge difference. You have things like 1 med apple 95 calories (these vary so much)-or subway 1 sandwich 410. Are you including all of your toppings?
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    After a cheat meal (which usually means I ate out) I have terrible water retention because my body got used to very little salt and restaurants seem to pile on the sodium. So after one bad day I used to feel all puffy and gross for at least 3 days...and yes maybe it's mostly water weight and if I'm patient it will work itself out... but when I was first starting I'd get discouraged too easily (like you).

What really helps me "feel" better is sweating it all out. The water I mean. It gets into my tissues and it's so hard to get out. Yes, you sweat while working out....but you're also stressing your muscles and guess what they do when they are sore and trying to recover...they retain water! So there's water on top of water! For me the best way to sooth sore muscles and sweat out some extra water is a nice long hot bath with Epsom salts (the minerals help re-balance your electrolytes in think so the Epsom salt part is important you can buy a big bag at any drug store or discount store cheap). Sometimes when I get out I even wrap up in a warm fluffy bathrobe and blanket and I sweat like I'm doing an Insanity workout. lol The next morning I feel much less "puffy and gross" it's great detox. Just make sure you're drinking enough water before you try this so you don't get dehydrated. If I haven't had my 5-8 glasses of fluid for the day then no bath for me.
  • kellicci
    edited February 2015
    Options

What are your stats?

Oh! me too! 5'1" 131 currently.

On this size body 1 pound of water weight it almost unbearable. I totally understand. I think if you send me a request you can view my diary. Here's what I do I pick a breakfast and lunch I can eat every day for 3-4 days and I buy it and pre-pack (greek yogurt and granola with some berries is my go to right now with a kale salad). For dinner I cook one meal and divide it into equal portions that hit my nutrient/calorie goal. I usually enter the ingredients here or use a recipe from a site that has calorie counts with everything and make sure if it says makes 6 portions then I divide it into 6 portions before I eat anything (yes I live alone so that's not as hard as it would be with a family). I usually freeze a couple then the next week I do the same so I have a revolving freezer of meals I know are easy and perfect for my goal.

When I cheat it's usually coffee....I love my Starbucks....but I always get skim and I usually just do a cappuccino or a latte with a couple equals because the flavors have too much sugar. Plus I try to allow one treat a day even if just a couple little dove chocolates. That way I don;t feel deprived.
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As far as motivation goes, it comes down to how much you really want to look good in that bathing suit vs having the high calorie foods. You need to want one more than the other. I've definitely had my days where I've chosen the pizza and ice cream over losing weight and regretted it the next day. But what I've learned is that it doesn't matter what I did yesterday, that day is gone, all that matters is what I choose to do today. Treat it like a blank slate and go for that bathing suit!
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    Also, just a quick glance at your diary, you really want to weigh things, it makes a huge difference. You have things like 1 med apple 95 calories (these vary so much)-or subway 1 sandwich 410. Are you including all of your toppings?

That's a good idea, I'll get a scale. I hadn't thought about that. And yes I calcutate all of the toppings and everything on the sandwhich and make a custom food for it pretty much each time I go.
  • hotvwchick
    Options
    One day at a time. Weighing food is great idea. Knocking out wheat and processed food will rev things up as well. Try eating a salad....have a bowl of salad handy in the fridge and consume that bowl during the day(omit high fat/calorie items). It will fill you up and keep you full longer. Remember.....food is fuel not a social activity. Best of luck!!!
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    kellicci wrote: »

What are your stats?

Oh! me too! 5'1" 131 currently.

On this size body 1 pound of water weight it almost unbearable. I totally understand. I think if you send me a request you can view my diary. Here's what I do I pick a breakfast and lunch I can eat every day for 3-4 days and I buy it and pre-pack (greek yogurt and granola with some berries is my go to right now with a kale salad). For dinner I cook one meal and divide it into equal portions that hit my nutrient/calorie goal. I usually enter the ingredients here or use a recipe from a site that has calorie counts with everything and make sure if it says makes 6 portions then I divide it into 6 portions before I eat anything (yes I live alone so that's not as hard as it would be with a family). I usually freeze a couple then the next week I do the same so I have a revolving freezer of meals I know are easy and perfect for my goal.

When I cheat it's usually coffee....I love my Starbucks....but I always get skim and I usually just do a cappuccino or a latte with a couple equals because the flavors have too much sugar. Plus I try to allow one treat a day even if just a couple little dove chocolates. That way I don;t feel deprived.

I'll definitely add you! It's rare to find someone with such similar stats lol. But i really think that's what it comes down to, I just need to get better with planning meals. Thank you for your help!
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    kellicci wrote: »
    After a cheat meal (which usually means I ate out) I have terrible water retention because my body got used to very little salt and restaurants seem to pile on the sodium. So after one bad day I used to feel all puffy and gross for at least 3 days...and yes maybe it's mostly water weight and if I'm patient it will work itself out... but when I was first starting I'd get discouraged too easily (like you).

What really helps me "feel" better is sweating it all out. The water I mean. It gets into my tissues and it's so hard to get out. Yes, you sweat while working out....but you're also stressing your muscles and guess what they do when they are sore and trying to recover...they retain water! So there's water on top of water! For me the best way to sooth sore muscles and sweat out some extra water is a nice long hot bath with Epsom salts (the minerals help re-balance your electrolytes in think so the Epsom salt part is important you can buy a big bag at any drug store or discount store cheap). Sometimes when I get out I even wrap up in a warm fluffy bathrobe and blanket and I sweat like I'm doing an Insanity workout. lol The next morning I feel much less "puffy and gross" it's great detox. Just make sure you're drinking enough water before you try this so you don't get dehydrated. If I haven't had my 5-8 glasses of fluid for the day then no bath for me.

The things is that I'm not really just starting out, I'm actually about a year into trying to lose weight. I've lost 11 lbs so far, this is just my second week of the insanity workouts lol. Some days I feel pretty lean and some days I just feel like a fat blob. I'll definitely try the bath with Epsom salts! I really just thought that was for sore muscles and what not but that makes sense. I'll try that, thank you!
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    Healthy weight loss takes time! Be patient and keep healthy snacks around and drink lots and lots of water! The first two weeks are the hardest! Hang in there;)

I'm really trying! Thank you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    You said you had results. THAT right there, should be your motivation. Remember this takes work and patience and it WILL come.
  • kellicci
    Options
    Yep. It's all about the planning. Of course I slip up, but the last 3 weeks I have been really good and I've lost at least 3 pounds (I'm guessing at least one was water lol).

The great thing is now that I know that this works for me I can do it anytime I feel like I've slipped up. I recently moved over 2000 miles....and I was living out of boxes and eating out way too much and not working out at all and my clothes got tighter and tighter.... So I pulled out this trusty plan and look at me now!

If I can do it, so can you!

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    OK I did look at your diary.
    It seems you skip lunch most days

Very few fruits and almost no vegetables add some of both as they fill you up for few calories and add important nutrients to your body. So try carrots, or squash, or broccoli or cauliflower or cucumber, or peas, beans, corn, tomatoes -you get the idea.
  • maddy_g1109
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    OK I did look at your diary.
    It seems you skip lunch most days

Very few fruits and almost no vegetables add some of both as they fill you up for few calories and add important nutrients to your body. So try carrots, or squash, or broccoli or cauliflower or cucumber, or peas, beans, corn, tomatoes -you get the idea.

I don't know if you saw, but I don't log everything into my diary. I eat plenty of veggies and fruits everyday and I do eat lunch everyday. I'm just not the best about logging my foods.