Question for my fellow ladies!

Options
So, I was wondering, If I lose a lot of weight, will I lose my boobs as well? I am already medium sized up top but I am scared I am going to have tiny boobs once the weight is gone. If so, is there anything I can do to help them "stay"?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Boobs are just two blobs of fat stuck to our chest lol so inevitably they may shrink as the rest of your body does. It depends though, if you had big boobs when you were skinny then chances are they will hang around. Genetics and all that.
    Mine shrunk probably half a size, not enough to go down a bra size.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how your body distributes fat. Even with a 30 pound weight gain I still had roughly the same sized chest.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for mine to shrink. I would love to give up these DD's and go back to my pre baby B cup
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    They might, depends on your body shape and on genetics. But remember, even if they do shrink, your under-bust measurement shrinks too. So the cup size might remain the same even if the band size goes down.
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have horrible genes lol. My two sisters are huge (one is thin ish and the other is chunky) up top. I am the biggest of all of us yet I have the tiniest boobs. It would just be my luck that I lose them.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    jillshadow wrote: »
    I have horrible genes lol. My two sisters are huge (one is thin ish and the other is chunky) up top. I am the biggest of all of us yet I have the tiniest boobs. It would just be my luck that I lose them.

oh Jill. Sorry your post made me LOL. It's just typical. We never get what we want! :s:p

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Boobs are just two blobs of fat stuck to our chest lol so inevitably they may shrink as the rest of your body does. It depends though, if you had big boobs when you were skinny then chances are they will hang around. Genetics and all that.

Not exactly. Breasts are made up of mammary glands (breast tissue) and fat deposits, so saying boobs are two blobs of fat is incorrect. The ratio of each depends on genetics. I went from a large D to a small B, but my body fat was a lot lower than most women go. Some women lose cup or band sizes and some don't.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I've always had small boobs, fat everywhere else. I do lose weight from my boobs. When I lost 50lbs years ago I lost probably 1-2 bra sizes (I have no idea, I've never gotten a bra that properly fit me)... I know I had to buy new bras lol. I've lost from there again this time around. But I only lose so much before I lose elsewhere, and I find that my chest ends up being in good proportion to the rest of me. I'm a fan of small chests, though.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Not exactly. Breasts are made up of mammary glands (breast tissue) and fat deposits, so saying boobs are two blobs of fat is incorrect. The ratio of each depends on genetics. I went from a large D to a small B, but my body fat was a lot lower than most women go. Some women lose cup or band sizes and some don't.

yeah you're right. I get used to calling them blobs of fat, because this is what I usually say to those BOOB obsessed men! :s

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    It will depend a great deal on genetics, but most likely what you lose will be proportional...and if you lift, then you might even gain a bit of lift in your chesticle area. I did :) I'm told that I have the boobage of a 20 year old. (I'm 41!)
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do hope I lose the sideboobs though. Gawd but those things are awful, LOL
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose a cup size (seriously Id give it to you if I could), however while I gained cup size that was after I weaned my kids and not gained when gaining weight so I'm pretty sure I'll still be a DD when I hit goal weight. So far I've lost 26 pounds and have shrank everywhere except cup size (though I did go down in strap size).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    It will depend a great deal on genetics, but most likely what you lose will be proportional...and if you lift, then you might even gain a bit of lift in your chesticle area. I did :) I'm told that I have the boobage of a 20 year old. (I'm 41!)

I think mine are a bit perkier, although I'm going to have boobs of a 20 year old until I 'm like 90 because they are too small to sag LOL.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    It seems like there have been several threads on this in the last couple of weeks. Lots of people have weighed in.

I've lost nearly a third of my body--boobs are exactly the same. Other people become completely flat chested.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I lost ~45 pounds at the end of high school and went from a 34 B/C to a 30C.

In the intervening many years, I've been back to within 10-15 pounds of that weight and lost a good chunk of it again (not all, which is a good thing), and stayed 30C the entire time.

So who knows.

Also, if anyone's selling their extra, I'm buying!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I only have one thanks to cancer. Be thankful you have both.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I only have one thanks to cancer. Be thankful you have both.

so very true :heart:

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, so there is no way to tell.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When I lost a lot of weight, my boobs did shrink a little, and I was going crazy trying to figure out what size I was (I'm a walmart shopper - hadn't been anywhere to get measured) and stumbled across a way to measure myself. While my chest is smaller, I now have better fitting bras, and my boobs look better than they did when they were larger thanks to bras that fit.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything you can do the make them stay, but a properly fitting bra will help them look amazing. Check this thread - it's got not only a link to the 'measure yourself' article, but some of the ladies posted before/after pics with different size bras.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1282923/boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss/p1
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My boobs have shrunk :-( but I don't mind as long as the rest of me ends up in proportion. I could stop wearing bras......