6 Pack Abs in 120 Days

justacceptthisemail
justacceptthisemail Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Like you, I've been fed up with not having defined abs. I've wanted them for nearly two decades. I have finally made the decision to have them. Keeping a daily blog at www.matterofwill.com with pictures. I'm already on day 14 as of this writing and I look slimmer. I'm excited and totally committed to making this happen.

Doing this no longer feels like something I have to do, but something I look forward to doing. I feel really good mentally, physically and I just know it's going to happen.

I joined MyFitnessPal because it's a great tool for measuring calories. Before MFP, I really had no idea how many calories I was taking in. I really was taking in too much, but didn't think I was. Thank goodness for the MFP app. Otherwise I would have just been fooling myself.

I hate the flabby, fatty midsection I have (which is now visibly diminishing). I've always hated it and finally got fed up with my hate of it. I'm almost 40 and still hadn't accomplished getting a trim and toned midsection. Other people were doing it, why not me?

I'm doing this because I'm approaching mid-age years and still haven't accomplished my goal of 6 pack abs. I suppose you could say age was the whip cracker. Enough is enough! You've wanted them and haven't had them for too long, now! Time to get into shape and have those abs!

So I set out to work out, do cardio and eat right. I am not following any specific program (I've tried dozens), just using bits and pieces of what I've learned in the past.

The difference this time around is diet - I wasn't eating right all of those prior times with other programs, and that is why they failed.

My commitment has made all of the difference this time around. I've lost 3 pounds so far, feel (and look slimmer) and my will has not waned in the least. In fact, I look forward to working out, doing cardio, and getting this done.

I hope I can help inspire you. I update my blog daily with pictures, nutritional intake, and workout regimens. It's all free, non-commercial.

Let me know what you think.

Day 3 (days 1 and 2 were crappy photos):

mck7msubctrg.jpg

Day 14:

sc08lm596u2c.png

It's not much, but there is a difference!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Hey congrats on getting started! :flowerforyou:
  • Craigcf
    Craigcf Posts: 20 Member
    Good on you. I'm the wrong side of thirty. I reached my goal weight but still have the dreaded love handles and flabby belly. I'm 22 days in to a 30 days ab challenge and have started doing more strength training than cardio. Feel free to add me!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Congrats on starting, you go and get those abs!! All the best.
  • Thank you! I update daily and am excited about the changes and how committed I am.