• suzzie58
    suzzie58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Typing error carbs
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Flapjacks are made of oats.

Oats are high in carbs... I don't quite see how lowcarb and flapjacks can work together
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Ohh, in America, flapjacks are pancakes. In the UK, they're kind of like granola bars.

Someone should clarify that, I feel.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I use half a serving of pancake mix, one scoop of protein powder, 2 egg whites, stevia, cinnamon, and a 1/2 tsp baking powder to make my pancakes/waffles. I usually add1-2tbs dairy free dark chocolate chocolate chips, but you could omit for lower carbs.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    By flapjacks, I am assuming you mean pancakes. Yes, you can make pancakes out of coconut flour and/or almond flour. Basically use it just as you would regular flour in a recipe (except with coconut flour, you need just a little more liquid). You can also use this to make waffles in a waffle iron. I add just a little extra baking powder to make them lighter and I whip the eggs extra before mixing them into the batter (separate the egg yolk from egg white, beat the egg whites with a little cream of tartar and fold into recipe) with remaining ingredients. I also use extracts to make different flavors (I like lemon, banana, maple, and caramel extracts). To up the protein, you can also add some good low carb protein powder to the batter. Play around with these flours until you get what you are desiring.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For cookies, you can start with a "macaroon" style cookie recipe (unsweet shredded coconut, egg, sweetenener like erythritol) and then add some protein powder to those. I like to "layer" my cookie recipe sweeteners, so I use a mix of erythritol (0 glycemic effect) and stevia drops (English Toffee is my fav). You can also add chopped nuts to the cookie and some shaved 90% chocolate.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html
    This might make a good start. Possibly add protein powder to it.
    Bodybuilding.com is full of protein powder recipes.

-T.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Granola or pancake? Carp or carb? Even though carp are bottom feeders they provide a fair amount of protein. I vote for pumpkin protein pancakes(US) style. Carry on....
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hhahahaa took me a minute too. I was like who eats Carp? Carb, low Carb, hahahahahahah
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I eat this all the time 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 egg, 1 mashed banana a dash of vanilla and cinnamon. Cook like flapjacks (they are a little more delicate) top with a pat of butter simply fruit spread from smuckers and a handful of fresh berries! Delicious!!! Not sure if the carbs are low enough though... you could up the almond flour to increase protein and take out the banana to get the carbs lower and mash another kind of fruit in it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Granola or pancake? Carp or carb? Even though carp are bottom feeders they provide a fair amount of protein. I vote for pumpkin protein pancakes(US) style. Carry on....

okay I seriously thought it said crap...then I got in and I thought why would you put fish in a flapjack. Isn't a flapjack a pancake?
  • BigLadBigLad
    BigLadBigLad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not a flapjack but still a great low carb protein bar, if you're worried about the high fat content just substitute the double cream for water, it's like eating a healthy alternative to a snicker bar I'm hooked yum yum

http://youtu.be/2srUe9-JD1Y
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to see how many people are carping on the typo in the subject line. MFP needs new material.
  • 4MeThisTyme
    4MeThisTyme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to follow a low-carp diet myself. Not a fan. :wink:
  • JessDickman72
    JessDickman72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If u want recipes for low carb anything just look up "paleo pancakes" or "paleo granola bars" etc. All have really awesome ideas for substitutions. For pancakes I will use pumpkin purée or almond/coconut flour. Granola bars use a variety of nuts and chop or put in food processor. Add some dried fruit and honey or maple syrup. Yum :) protein packed goodies.
  • ginatennison
    ginatennison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kodiak cakes from Target isn't too bad...higher in protein.