Looking for guys who aspire to get six pack abs - maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even in six months..

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Already have one and I made a thread about how to get there in the General Weight Loss section.

Yes but looking for others that want them! Where is the link?!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest

I thought that was just advice for women, no?

Ahh have you seen her abs?

Yes - but thought advice was just for women
    Can you see her amazing self???? Why would a man not benefit from that? Her thread is for everyone.

Obvi she's awesome. Just assumed it was for women only

You know what they say it makes you when you assume...

• BrianDavid2015
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    Already have one and I made a thread about how to get there in the General Weight Loss section.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest

Ahh have you seen her abs?

Yes - but thought advice was just for women
    Can you see her amazing self???? Why would a man not benefit from that? Her thread is for everyone.

Obvi she's awesome. Just assumed it was for women only

You know what they say it makes you when you assume...

No enlighten me llease
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Can you explain how it's different for a woman to achieve abs verses a man?

If you think the advice doesn't apply to you then there should be some logic behind the train of thought.

Please explain how you think it's different.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    joeporta wrote: »
    I can't believe no one wants a six pack on MFP - really felt for this poor guy!

to be fair, he also said he was looking for "like minded" people and, well.......
  • BrianDavid2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    joeporta wrote: »
    I can't believe no one wants a six pack on MFP - really felt for this poor guy!

to be fair, he also said he was looking for "like minded" people and, well.......

Anyone else want abs??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I believe most males would desire to have visual six pack abs (they are already there). The issue here is that getting down to that body fat level to reveal them takes a lot of hard work and calorie reduction and most males aren't that dedicated enough take that route.
    And as usmcmp stated, attaining a six pack for men isn't going to be that much different of an approach as her thread states. Might want to look into it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How did this dude get his post hijacked about a social issue regarding training methods between the genders? Stop being so defensive, and no; there are not "very few" situations where women should train differently than men. There are VERY MANY mostly because of the fact that men and women usually have two very different completion goals. Most women don't strive for the physical visual muscular look. Don't get me wrong, many do.... But most don't.

I added you brotha.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OGJake12 wrote: »
    How did this dude get his post hijacked about a social issue regarding training methods between the genders? Stop being so defensive, and no; there are not "very few" situations where women should train differently than men. There are VERY MANY mostly because of the fact that men and women usually have two very different completion goals. Most women don't strive for the physical visual muscular look. Don't get me wrong, many do.... But most don't.

I added you brotha.

If a man and are woman are training to GET visible abs, why would they train differently? That was the point being made....
  • OGJake12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "Also, there are very, very few ways in which men and women should train or diet differently."

This looked like a lone statement to me that is separate from that point that TavistockToad is claiming.
  • OGJake12
    Options

I added you brotha.

If a man and are woman are training to GET visible abs, why would they train differently? That was the point being made....

Obviously not, as I obviously wasn't arguing that they'd train differently for the same goal. I was just saying that's why BrianDavid2015 was a skeptic.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I added you brotha.

Obviously not, as I obviously wasn't arguing that they'd train differently for the same goal. I was just saying that's why BrianDavid2015 was a skeptic.

:huh:
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You did say "like minded people".....how about gals who want a six pack? ;)
  • BrianDavid2015
    Options
    tauny78 wrote: »
    You did say "like minded people".....how about gals who want a six pack? ;)

So back to my original question, looking for MOAR friends who want MOAR and visible
  • BrianDavid2015
    Options
    Six packs would be the ultimate goal. Even if they take a while to get!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    "Also, there are very, very few ways in which men and women should train or diet differently."

This looked like a lone statement to me that is separate from that point that TavistockToad is claiming.

@OGJake12 I made that comment. If a man and woman have the same goals they would train the same. Obviously if they have different goals they would train different, but so would two men with different goals. My point that men and women should train the same stands.
  • BrianDavid2015
    Options

@OGJake12 I made that comment. If a man and woman have the same goals they would train the same. Obviously if they have different goals they would train different, but so would two men with different goals. My point that men and women should train the same stands.

Why is this?

If one person had a goal to learn math. And another person had the same goal to learn math? They may each need different ways of teaching to get

How do you know this to be true? Just curious. Research based? Anecdotal evidence?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Can you explain how it's different for a woman to achieve abs verses a man?

If you think the advice doesn't apply to you then there should be some logic behind the train of thought.

Please explain how you think it's different.

because y'all have eggs, and ovaries and due to that you can't get a six pack….duhh!! they teach that in sixth grade biology ….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Why is this?

If one person had a goal to learn math. And another person had the same goal to learn math? They may each need different ways of teaching to get

How do you know this to be true? Just curious. Research based? Anecdotal evidence?

really???

ummm calorie deficit + micro/macor adherence + training = abs….

^ where do you see gender in that formula?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Why is this?

Research. The differences between men and women are basically the same as any individual variances between two men or two women. That is purely genetics. Just like you may never have a true six pack because you might not have the genetics for it.

Tell me how you think that a man and a woman trying to get visible abs would be different.
  • BrianDavid2015
    Options

Why is this?

Research. The differences between men and women are basically the same as any individual variances between two men or two women. That is purely genetics. Just like you may never have a true six pack because you might not have the genetics for it.

Tell me how you think that a man and a woman trying to get visible abs would be different.

Don't know. I'm not an expert and don't purport to be. Just a guy asking questions. Thank you.