Disappointed and disheartened!

Options

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Marxytron wrote: »
    Looks like ur not working out hard enough.. If ur hitting ur calorie needs and doing everythin on ur diet then ur prolly lacking in cardio exercises... Do high intensity interval training

I hope that's for the original poster and not for DebzNuDa , CHF does not lend to HIIT, lol
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    Ooci wrote: »
    6 cups of sugary tea for breakfast every day? Is that really being kind to yourself?
    Some of us are major tea drinkers and six cups a day (I figured OP is prelogging the whole day) is being kind to ourselves. Nothing wrong with that, it's hydration and at this quantity the milk adds a decent amount of calcium to your day. My husband and parents are English, tea is the fabric of their lives, and they drink several cups a day just like this--one teaspoon of sugar and one or two tablespoons of milk. The effect of giving it up on their daily mood would not be worth the paltry calories it would save.

Hey - I'm English too - I love my sugary tea as much as anyone! My issue is the OP is logging just 6 cups of tea with sugar for breakfast. Perhaps it is across the day so OK - might be an idea to replace the sugar with Canderel though. But a lack of breakfast when you're a midwife and have quite a hard active day is not good! It sets up major hunger and potentially awful choices for later on!

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Log properly and be honest with yourself.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    You mention exercise, but you do not say what you are doing or how much...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    6 cups of sugary tea for breakfast every day? Is that really being kind to yourself?
    Some of us are major tea drinkers and six cups a day (I figured OP is prelogging the whole day) is being kind to ourselves. Nothing wrong with that, it's hydration and at this quantity the milk adds a decent amount of calcium to your day. My husband and parents are English, tea is the fabric of their lives, and they drink several cups a day just like this--one teaspoon of sugar and one or two tablespoons of milk. The effect of giving it up on their daily mood would not be worth the paltry calories it would save.

Hey - I'm English too - I love my sugary tea as much as anyone! My issue is the OP is logging just 6 cups of tea with sugar for breakfast. Perhaps it is across the day so OK - might be an idea to replace the sugar with Canderel though. But a lack of breakfast when you're a midwife and have quite a hard active day is not good! It sets up major hunger and potentially awful choices for later on!

If she doesn't like to eat breakfast that is fine, meal timing is personal preference. For you, not eating it may cause major hunger for others it does not. Also, if she accurately logs the sugar in the tea it is not a problem and doesn't need to be changed.

Now OP learning to log properly and more accurately does take some learning and tweaking. Digital food scale also helps with the accuracy.

Here's a link to help you with logging:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

Good luck to you
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing as fast as you think you should be, try reading this Logging accuracy, consistency, and you're probably eating more than you think.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Make sure that the things that you are tracking have accurate values. I see where you ate a whole pizza, but the listing says 0 carbs.
  • Brianne333
    Brianne333 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised only a few people here have mentioned this - weight loss is rarely linear or predictable even when you are doing the right things. You'll have to learn how your body handles it. For some people, it's every other week after working hard. For others, it's every third week and suddenly BAM! They get a big drop. The estimation of losing 2 pounds in a week doesn't literally mean that every 7 days you will drop 2 pounds. Keep working - track accurately and stick to the plan, and your body will catch up :) Good luck!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    It took me a month to notice any weight change on the scale. Take everyone's advice and make some adjustments where needed. Good luck! :)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Two weeks of no change? Two weeks is water weight, hormones, period cycle, eating sodium heavy a couple day, working out, poop hanging around a little too long or not long enough, etc.

My weekly progress has looked like this:

Week 1: 0
    Week 2: 0
    Week 3: 0
    Week 4.5: -4
    Week 5: 0
    Week 6: 0
    Week 7: -2

And so forth.

Yep!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're not weighing your food. All of your entries are the same everyday for things like bananas 100g. The average banana I eat is about 125-130 calories. Most apples are 5+ ounces, 70-100 calories, you're claiming 49. You have a lot of quick adds. Unfortunately, you're eating more than you think. Tighten your logging and you'll lose.

I’d have to say you are correct. A single oz. is 25 calories. That is why I chose to use “baby bananas” to compliment my meals. A large banana is 100-110 calories.

As with all the food – unless you weigh it – you don’t really know what you are taking in.

20150201_072823_breakfast_blank_edited-1_zps13btwkdj.jpg

IMG_2003_breakfast_zpscqn77cxu.jpg

73641431.png
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Looking at just the last three days here is my input:
    1) Too many 'quick add calories' entered so you do not have a 'true' picture of what you are eating.
    2) Too much bread and items along those lines
    3) You do NOT enough protein

You need to be more accurate and consistent in your logging of food. You are only lying to yourself when you are not honest. Take the time to find the food you are eating in the log and log accurately.

You don't log any water so if you are not drinking 8-10 (or more) glasses of water each and every day .. do it!

Do not give up on yourself.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Once you calculate ALL of those cups of tea with the added sugar and milk you will be surprised at just how many calories it really is. I did this with my coffee with added sugar and flavored creamer and was amazed that I was consuming over 75,000 (YES that is the correct number) a MONTH just in my coffee consumption. THEREFORE I did cut it down and then out of my diet because being healthy is more important than that cup of coffee.

Also ... caffeine is a stimulate and needs to be consumed in small quantities.

We all have lessons to learn and finding what works for us. Its a lifestyle change and if you want to lose weight, become healthier, you will indeed have to make changes (moderation) in your food/drink choices.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Midwives do shift work, so she may not want breakfast. I like breakfast, but I know not everyone is a breakfast eater.

2 weeks isn't a long time, and I'd take measurements too because sometimes a loss will show up on the tape measure before it shows up on the scale.

I'd agree with being more accurate with logging, although to be honest I didn't use to be so strict with logging and lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby, and only started being stricter in my 3rd pregnancy. I don't eat back exercise calories though so I have a margin of error.

I'd also try to cut out sugar in tea. I cut out sugar in tea and coffee about 8 years ago now. I'm English, but prefer coffee to tea, and can't imagine it with sugar in now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in for tea. I drink 5-7 cups a day with milk. I used to have 3tsp of sugar in each cup, now I have none. I do however add a fair bit of milk, 100ml in each cup which==200ish calories. I just can't drink it black :s
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to say that tea is extremely important! Although I can't stand sugar in my tea, but I drink a massive amount of it, and with semi skimmed in it too. Some days it is all I drink lol. I'm not English (Canadian) but I do live in England so I definitely moved to the right country!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm not properly English lol. Perhaps I should be Italian with my love of strong coffee :)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm not properly English lol. Perhaps I should be Italian with my love of strong coffee :)

I'm Italian and do love strong coffee with lots of cream, but now only have it on special occasions as a treat because of all the calories in the cream. It was just too expensive calorie-wise for my everyday calorie budget.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    IMG_2003_breakfast_zpscqn77cxu.jpg

laughs, YES, I DID go there!
  • Midwifefatty
    Midwifefatty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do love my tea! And yes the 6 cups are actually spread out across the day. Have tried using Canderel or other sweetners but they don't agree with me and upset my tummy! I'm not great at breakfast as just not hungry in the morning and find it difficult to have something portable to take on shift with me! Am gonna try and weigh my food more so can accurately log! Thanks for the help and advice. X