Need motivation and friends for support!

Hey. I started my journey to lose weight and get healthy in January. I lost 8.5 pounds for the month. This week I have been eating healthy, staying under my calorie goals, exercising, and only lost 0.5 a pound. Getting frustrated that it is not coming off a little faster. Was hoping for 2 pounds a week. I could use some more friends for motivation and support and any great tips that might have worked for you.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    If you stayed on track I wouldn't worry about it. Every body is different and the scale only tells one side of the story (usually a pretty insignificant part, to boot). Some weeks you'll lose a lot, others a little and others not at all but if you keep at it, you WILL see progress! Trust me, I did NOT lose 2lbs per week consistently to lose 100lbs - patience is DEFINITELY needed when it comes to weight loss!

Feel free to friend me and we can chat! :)
  • dme100
    dme100 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, I started my journey August last year. I understand what you are experiencing, but its important that you stick to what you are doing. It took me a while to learn to be patient with my progress as I experienced times of negative thoughts. I use my own motivators and set small achievable goals. I'm happy to help support each other if you wish to add me.
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    edited February 2015
    Feel free to add me! I started last month as well. Perhaps it's your food choices? Otherwise, your body is probably in survival mode since you're eating less. It's storing all of the excess that it can :)