how much more do you weigh on your period?

Options
for me i think it's like 2-3 pounds. i know not to feel bad when the scale goes up a couple pounds during my period but it's so discouraging ):<

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I go up 7-9 pounds the day before my period, by the day before it ends I've dropped it all. Since my cycle varies from 21-28 days, the weight gain is a great warning that it's coming
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    About 5lb max at my bloatiest.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't see any weight change with TOM!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    About two pounds. Sometimes less. Not usually any more.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Maybe around 2-5 lbs. Truth is I stay as far away as possible from the scale from a couple days before to a couple days after I'm done.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Before I started exercising it was between 4 and 6 pounds, but this month I stayed the same weight beginning to end don't know if new exercise regime ha made a difference.
  • vanessarake
    vanessarake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4-6 lbs. I also just try to avoid the scale.
  • tvmom42
    tvmom42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3-5 lbs. i try to stay away from the scale, but can't :\
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It can be no gain or up to 5 lbs. It goes away when my period is done.
    I don't avoid the scale. I just note that I have my period and record the weight.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I don't see any weight change with TOM!
    i dont either

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    2-3 kg
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh less during my period and then go back up about a pound once it's over. Not sure why... it might be because I'm on the pill and I don't take it during that week?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 2-6lbs but if I resist binging I usually end up losing a couple extra lbs once its over. So be strong
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    about 2-3 kg ... but it's okay because it goes down again after a few days :)
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This month it's 1lbs; it's usually between 1 and 2. I try to avoid the scale during that time, but that's hard. And yes, I should not be grumpy about it, but I still am.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I usually gain anywhere from 3-6 pounds. I still weight myself and record it , but do not punch it in on MFP. About a week in ,the bloating finally finishes and i reweigh myself. As long as i dont over due the eating during that time, i can still manage to lose some weight during that week.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Maybe around 2-5 lbs. Truth is I stay as far away as possible from the scale from a couple days before to a couple days after I'm done.

Same!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't look. I have enough issues going on mentally during that time, no need to see what the scale is up to.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't gain during - but my weight refuses to drop in the 2 weeks running up to it. Once it's done I'll drop 2/3 pounds.

It's all water retention / water loss - I now know not to sweat it.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3 lb or 1 - 1.5 kg water weight usually (no binges). On day 3 the bloat turns into a, um, flood? I basically spend that day within 30sec distance of a bathroom. By day 4 it's all gone.