Strong Curves - Bret Contreras

Options
Does anybody have this book? i'm really keen to buy it but I don't belong to a gym as I have a small baby, so unsure if I could do it at home. Does anybody know if I will need any equipment and if its possible to do at home before I go ahead and buy it?

Thanks!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do SC. The book has four different programs in it, one of which is a bodyweight program. If you google "strong curves pdf" you can get a copy of the program from Contreras's website for free.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I bought it last month. There is a bodyweight program for working out at home, but you'll still need to go out and buy some equipment to do some of the moves. Though I'm not currently doing it ( doing Beginner Shred right now) I really like it, I can really feel it working my legs and butt.

If you do want to buy the book I would advise against getting an E book, it is really difficult flipping back and forth between the workout plans and the discriptions of the different exercises in the plans. I havn't looked to see how big a file the PDF Planis, but if you can print it, that would be helpful
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd definitely get the hard copy. It's much easier to flip back and forth that way. If you end up going to a gym, you can just take pictures of the pages you need with your phone and refer to them when needed.
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you! I've downloaded the pdf so will have a read before I order the book x