Hi I'm 65 year old and need to lose 40lbs

Options
I lost 40lbs a couple of years ago. Was so proud of myself. Then I gained 25 lbs. just went back to my old ways. Snacking a lot at night. Started gaining after Christmas. So mad at myself and disappointed too. Hope I do better this time!

Replies

• diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    68 here and started a month ago with 49 to lose. Down 13 lbs, or more than 25% of the way as of today. I also have lost, gained, lost, gained, ad infinitum, but I would rather do that than just gain. You haven't lost the battle until you give up. When I lose 35 I will be at my lightest in the past 7 years and when I am down 40, I will be at my lightest in the past 20 years. Just another 10 after that.
  • BigGibbo
    BigGibbo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey, Anna!
    Is this day 1?
    If you've done it before, you can do it again.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A good start is that you know what your bad habits are. Also you know you can do it. So, like me, the challenge is not to slip into bad habits once you achieve your goals. A recent blood test put me in the pre-diabetic range, so this time I need to be consistent. I'm 57 and I know it gets harder to lose weight with each passing year, but let's say we are older but wiser.
  • angelwings_liz
    angelwings_liz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    don't bet yourself up, we all go through it just start over. i weight 217 back in october 2914 and i finally found mfp a month ago and i found it so easy to use and keep track of everything. Good luck i'm here if you need support
  • BigGibbo
    BigGibbo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great start, Diegops1! Good luck completing the job.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    64 here and I've been doing this since Sept of 2013. So far down almost 60 lbs with about 12 to go. Let's just say it doesn't get any easier as we age but if I can do it so can you.

I'm always happy to share what I've learned along the way but primarily; I don't starve myself or deprive myself of some of the food I enjoy, I workout at least 5 days a week and adding in strength training has been key, and I pre-log my day's meals and snacks in the morning so I don't have any surprises after I've already eaten for the day.

Good luck to you!
  • annaneal2
    annaneal2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm trying. Need to start walking again.
  • annaneal2
    annaneal2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! ❤️❤️❤️❤️