February 2015 walk/bike/jog 100+ mile challenge

Options

Replies

• drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    30.5 for the month so far. This is done walking at work and DVD walking videos.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    77.33 total for the week. 50 miles biking, 27.33 walking
    exercise.png

• gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just getting ready for a full day out but upto 92 Miles on the bike which has all been commutes :( Just the one run of 3.2 so far and 1.25 swim.

Hit 661Last feb so i want atleast 500 for this month in total.

Well done to you all getting up and giving it a go. Stay at it
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well check you guys out! Y'all are doing fabulous!! What an inspiration. :)
    I was traveling yesterday to a convention in Texas so not much to show for walking miles. Do riding miles count??? Lol More time in the car today so basically a pretty weak showing. We just can't be the bomb-diggity EVERYday... Ha!

Friday & Saturday - 5.51 miles

28.74 total miles
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5/01/15 - 2.8 miles running
    8/01/15 - 40 miles cycling

Total: 42.8

• jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    jesiann you do make me laugh! lol.... EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT. It DOES inspire me as well...THANK YOU GUYS :) ...Sundays is usually a rest day but since husband is off work and we had mild temps we decided too take the girls for a walk between Church Services...I also did an early morning exercise bike ride of 4.5 miles....Walking miles 3.0

TOTAL this far...............16.50 walking miles.....
    .....................................35.2 Exercise Bike miles....
  • gruffdris
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well done jeannie, sneaking extra miles in on rest day :)

Had an amazing session at the pool and breathing, stroke, kick and positoining have all improved dramaticly. Nice quick blast on the bike then went for the run. Planned an easy paced 10k trail run but about 2k in my knee give out. Made it home and spoke to the physio but looks like my LCL is sprained. Looks like a week off from running maybe no bike and just upper body swims. :( boooooooo
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ooh know I'm late but may I join please. ( means I will have to get on bike to catch up a little but gives me good reason to do it)
  • jesiann2014
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh Jeannie! Wasn't the weather simply divine yesterday! My goodness, temps hit the high seventies. Spring is making her way to the Deep South. Bring it, woman!

Gruff, just when your outstanding mileage threatens to make me growl at you (pure envy, I assure you :# ), you go and sneak right back into my affections with an injury. So sorry about your knee. :( I HATE being down! I turn into the crabbiest person ever when I can't go and do like I want to... You certainly don't need to be told to just take it easy and allow the healing but I'm a mom so I can't help myself. You just take it easy this week and allow healing. o:)

I didn't think I would have much to show for yesterday with so much driving time but I'm moderately satisfied anyway.

3.02 miles

31.76 total miles

**edited to say "Welcome, new guys!!"
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options

02.01: Walked 8 miles.
    02.02: Walked 5 miles.
    02.03: Rest day.
    02.04: Walked 2 miles.
    02.05: Rest day.
    02.06: Walked 5 miles.
    02.07: Walked 5.5 miles.
    02.08: Walked 5 miles.
    02.09: Walked 5.7 miles.

Total: 36.2 miles.
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Ooh know I'm late but may I join please. ( means I will have to get on bike to catch up a little but gives me good reason to do it)

yesssssssssssssssss and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!

I AM SO SO SORRY Gruff. You were doing so well. I know you are excited about the Bike run. Hope things are much better for you fast. I know about the 'being down' since I was in that mode for several weeks....ughhhhhh.
    ..It looks like I may get a rest day this week. We have several COLD days coming where temps will not get out of the thirties....RATS! I was so looking for SPRING WEATHER..

Also, jesiann, the sunshine was short lived. We had rain by the time morning came.. It looked like it was clearing so my husband dropped me off 3.25 miles away. I forgot my umbrella. Halfway thru my walk it rained off and on several times. Luckily I only got soaked on the outside...lol...The other thick sweat shirt inside of my outer kept me dry and warm...

Today 3.25 mile walk....
    Exercise Bike 5.5 miles today...

TOTAL this far...............19.75 walking miles.....
    .....................................40.7 Exercise Bike miles....

• jeanniewes
    Options
    another late evening exercise bike ride of 4.5 miles....

.....................................45.2 Exercise Bike miles....
  • gruffdris
    Options
    Cheers guys it sucks not being able to do much. Went and got a few different knee supports for as its healing and a pullbouy so i can still go swimming. Totaled 20 miles of very easy cycling without issue. Its ANY side movement thats the problem. The weather is only a touch warmer here its the lack of daylight that catchs me out. roll on spring

Welcome new people, offf to a good start there undecided.
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning, milers! Way to go, Undecided. JohnH71 is rolling as well. BlisterLamb and drbcru are cruising right along too. Fab, guys! :)

Jeannie, I can hardly stand to think you were walking in the rain!! UGH! Pray you don't catch cold getting wet out in the elements like that. We've got the AC running down here. Almost hit 80° yesterday. Another beauty in store for today!

Gruff, continue to take it easy. Seems like the swimming might actually help, huh? Hope so.

4.96 miles

36.72 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    I know you are disappointed Gruff but hang in there. This too shall pass. We being human don't have a lot of patience. I am the worlds worst as I want everything done like YESTERDAY...lol

I don't feel I got a chill jesiann. I took a hot shower soon as I got in. I did not feel cold even so I think I'll be ok.....AIR COND? LOL and almost 80 degrees? I SO WISH!!!! It did reach about 57 yesterday. They say 51 today but that will be in the valley. We will be cooler here on this mountain. Tomorrow calling for 59 and really sunny! That will be a really great day. I am waiting too see if it will warm up enough too take the girls out. It is quite windy. I di manage a 30 minute exercise bike ride early morning. 6.1 miles... we will see what the rest of the day brings....I will do my UPDATE TOTALS then...
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How does doing a challenge work? I'm pretty close to the 100 mile goal now.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well I am a bit late but I would like to join. I am a new jogger and am hoping to get in 50 miles this month.
    2/7 2.7 miles
    2/8 2.14
    2/9 3.18
    A total of 8 miles so far
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    The challenge (AND WELCOME HOLLY) is too get in at least 100 miles and log your progress here. Just follow what we do. The main goal is too go as far past 100 miles as you can...

Today I got in Exercise Bike Miles only as it was very cold and windy here. Wind chill was around 30 degrees. I just can't walk that cold...

Exercise Bike miles........13.1 miles

.....................................58.3 Exercise Bike miles....
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    kegofstout wrote: »
    Well I am a bit late but I would like to join. I am a new jogger and am hoping to get in 50 miles this month.
    2/7 2.7 miles
    2/8 2.14
    2/9 3.18
    A total of 8 miles so far

welcome..WELCOME. Better late than never. 50 miles is great and IF you get more than good for you! Just do your best too MOVE.....
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people, offf to a good start there undecided.

Way to go, Undecided.

Thanks gruffdris and jessian2014. I have a personal goal of walking 5 miles *most* days. Everyone's so encouraging and positive here. I really appreciate it.
    Total: 36.2 miles.

Walked 6 miles today, so that's 42.2 walking miles. I may try using the stationary bike again. I just feel like I can never get comfortable enough to use it for long periods of time. :neutral_face: