Whoever has done the 30 Day Shred

Options
vickyg1
vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
Hello! I have a few questions. First do I need to go and buy weights and second will I be too sore to run every other day while I am doing this program?
Thanks, Vicky

Replies

• lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • jmessgirl
    jmessgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started but if you're in shape even a little bit it's not TOO bad. I plan on adding Biggest Loser Cardio Max to it every other day because I feel like its actually not enough on its own. And yes she uses weights in the videos. :smile: Good Luck!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive done the shred, with walking everyday for an hour and cycling for a couple of days, the 1st 6 days my legs were really aching and after that got easier
  • ameyer7487
    ameyer7487 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you really need the weights. I know some people just starting out skip the weights just to get used to the work out - but I'd say use the weights for the most rapid change. Second, yes you are going to hurt for a few days after...for me, just walking down the stairs hurts! But push through it and keep doing it every day, even though you are going to want to die!
    You'll stop hurting in a few days. I guess just wait and see how you feel if you want to run or not... for me, my legs hurt the worst so you may not want to but it'd be great if you could still do it!

Anyway, good luck!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You do need weights but if you don't want to buy them you can simply fill used waterbottles with sand and use those (or something else homemade). I found that for the first week i was super winded (I was incredibly out of shape). That said, I think it would be very manageable to do the exercises at different times of day - for example, the shred when you wake up, before your morning shower and the run at night about an hour and a half after dinner. Keep in mind I'm not trying to be specific, that's just approximately what I've done.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you really need the weights. I know some people just starting out skip the weights just to get used to the work out - but I'd say use the weights for the most rapid change. Second, yes you are going to hurt for a few days after...for me, just walking down the stairs hurts! But push through it and keep doing it every day, even though you are going to want to die!
    You'll stop hurting in a few days. I guess just wait and see how you feel if you want to run or not... for me, my legs hurt the worst so you may not want to but it'd be great if you could still do it!

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks! Im a little scared :) Maybe ill not run for a week while Im doing it then start up again...thansk for the replys
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just see how you feel. I was super sore on day 2, but mine was mostly my chest and shoulders, which meant push ups were painful! But my legs weren't too bad. I guess it depends on the person, and what their muscles are used to.

I'll give you another heads up too. A lot of people on here (myself included) had trouble with their knees after doing Level 2 for a few days... So i would try alternating L1 with L2 for a bit, to ease yourself into it, before doing L2 every single day. I can't guarantee this will stop the pain, but it's worth a go! (That's definitely what i'll be doing when I go for a 2nd round of shred!!!)

Good luck with it! You'll be feeling stronger in no time!

:-)