How long should I do exercise

Options
currently I am at gym four times a week I cycling to work and back and swimming once a week is this ok or not

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That all depends on what your health and fitness goals are. Feel free to friend me and we can chat!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Depends
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll add that it's an incomplete picture. Are you eating for tour goals. Sleep. Ability to focus. The point is for basic fitness you are defiantly doing good if you have fed your body properly.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Exercise as much as you like. The human body is designed to move and be active.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When advising my grandson regarding violin practice I tell him that Itzhak Perlman recommends no more than 5 hours of practice per day. He tells me that practicing 1 hour is plenty. So how long are you actually working out in the gym each day, how long swimming, how long cycling? Years ago when I had time I was in the gym for 2 hours, cycling for 1 hour and running for 1 hour 6 days per week. I rested on the 7th. I did that for about 4 years until I no longer had the time but I was in very good shape. The problem was that with a schedule like that I was lucky to have an hour to practice violin or guitar.