stuck not losing...why?:(

Options
okay so i lost eight lbs but im stuck at 168 and im not losing any more at all inches or nothing in exercising(doing insanity) and eating my 1200 cals why me :( does anyone have any help advise or sugs. on why this is happening

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    when i was stuck at 180, my trainer had me cut down on my carbs. just because you are under your calories doesn't mean it's OK to eat. certain foods mess w/your body more (ie:alcohol)....
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    okay so i lost eight lbs but im stuck at 168 and im not losing any more at all inches or nothing in exercising and eating my 1200 cals why me :( does anyone have any help advise or sugs. on why this is happening

I got stuck and dropped my carbs and sugar....everything changed...Water is so important too...
  • patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    when i was stuck at 180, my trainer had me cut down on my carbs. just because you are under your calories doesn't mean it's OK to eat. certain foods mess w/your body more (ie:alcohol)....

so i should eat less carbs
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    you have to change your workout routine and your meal routine too. If you do the treadmill only, then mix it up with another machine at the gym. Take a hike instead of doing pilates or whatever. I move a lot, so carbs only hold me up a little. I also take in a lot of protein. Adding muscle will help you burn more calories. I try to stick to veggies and very little meat. Some carbs are ok, but you really have to watch the fat and carb intake unless you really burn it off. When I first started loosing weight, I went on a strict fish and veggie diet. I still love my fish and brocolli.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

so i should eat less carbs

Try a 40 30 30 : 30% carbs 30% Fats 40% proteins. Try not to worry to much about fats though because they help you absorb your vitamins and minerals. I'm talking good fats not mcdonalds :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Try adding 100-200 calories a day... that worked for me for a few pounds, but I'm stuck again :tongue:
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if you increase your calories just a little like two hundred sometimes it can get you over a plateau
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if you increase your calories just a little like two hundred sometimes it can get you over a plateau
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im willing to bet your sodium intake is very high...start tracking it for a week try to keep it near/below 2500 I dont believe your on any kind of plateau I just think you need to track better and choose better calories...
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    okay so i lost eight lbs but im stuck at 168 and im not losing any more at all inches or nothing in exercising and eating my 1200 cals why me :( does anyone have any help advise or sugs. on why this is happening

You want to loose weight you need to eat enought GOOD HEALTHY CLEAN CALORIES. If you want to loose weight/BODY FAT then no proccessed foods, candies cakes ect. No Pop Diet or regular. You need carbs but the right ones! You need to be consistant with eating the good stuff cutt all the bad stuff out till you hit your goal and workout! It is so simple yet so hard for alot if people
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    How about trying interval training? Maybe even increasing your calories a little bit helps. It tricks the body.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't really know but seems diet high in protein has done the trick for me.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I took a peak at your diary for the last week. Your net calories (after subtracting calories burned through exercise) have been extremely low - in fact you're rarely even eating 1,000 calories a day - and then you're exercising to boot. I am by no means an expert - but I think you REALLY need to eat more. It seems counter intuitive I know, but I think your body is telliing you something. Please don't eat less, or exercise more - I did that at your age, and all I did was screw up my metabolsm.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    you are right Brenda .
    I got stuck at 150 lb and after 2 weeks plateau ( when I actualy start gaining weight) ,I stopped eating bread , potatoes , beans and anything processed . I lost 4 lb in one week. Now I started eating grains again , next week potatoes and beans....and so on.
    I will keep the non processed food until I hit my wieght goal.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the above posts but I'd say just keep it up! Make sure you are getting a lot of water in because that is a big help and keep working and pushing! Honestly, in my almost 4 weeks of INSANITY I haven't seen the scale budge but I'm okay with that. I know that i'm burning a TON of calories (HRM) and I am eating good. I haven't measured but I am going to do that starting today. I know that there is no way possible that my body is NOT changing. I have been told that I look "skinny" by my parents just in the past week yet my weight is the same! There is always plateaus, even when you ARE working out! :smile:
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Brendalyne is right. Looking through your diary, if you've logged everything, you're hitting way below the minimum calories. You can lose weight quickly by cutting calories so drastically, but it'll also lead you into a plateau. And when you're barely netting 800 calories a day, that doesn't leave much room.

So you may need to reset and start eating more. Net 1200 calories a day. That means you eat all your exercise calories back. If you burn 200 calories, your new food goal should be 1400 calories for the day. With such a low number, you DON'T want any green numbers leftover if you can avoid it.

There is no miracle formula for weight loss. High protein and high fiber help. They help keep you feeling full, and they give you more energy. But the bottom line is calories out verses calories in, that and keeping your body from adapting.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell- your diary is incomplete. From the days that are complete, it would seem you're not eating enough. Your net calories should be 1200 minimum. This can make a big difference!
  • 19Robin72
    19Robin72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you measured your self? You may be replacing fat with muscle which is great, the number on the scale does not show the whole picture of the benifits of exercise. I personally have found that I loose more when I break my calories up into small meals 4-5 times a day. It may also help to break up your exercise sessions in to smaller and multiple time intervals or add something extra that doesn't even seem like working out such as walking a mile after breakfast or lunch. My suggestions are based on keeping your metabolism reved up all day long. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I agree with 19Robin72, have you measured? Your calorie deficit based on your journal is really high. 3500 cals is one pound of fat. INSANITY is a kick *kitten*, work your *kitten* off program, and you WILL build muscle with it. And I would also do the multiple, small meals. Water intake is important too. Don't fixate on the scale, and don't let it disillusion you.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I agree with 19Robin72, have you measured? Your calorie deficit based on your journal is really high. 3500 cals is one pound of fat. INSANITY is a kick *kitten*, work your *kitten* off program, and you WILL build muscle with it. And I would also do the multiple, small meals. Water intake is important too. Don't fixate on the scale, and don't let it disillusion you.

That would be a perfect response! lol