Tall ladies wanted

Options
I need some tall lady friends who understand that 155 goal weight is skinny!! I'm 5'11 and feel huge reading friends whose gaol weight is 118 lol add me tall friends

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not tall but I am naturally very muscular and my goal-weight is 150 :) Add me
  • Noeyfit
    Noeyfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Omgosh!! I've been going through the same thing. I'm 5'9 and my 175 weight on the scale is crazy compared to their 140-130 weight. I'm looking to get in the 150s or 140s too
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I would be a skeleton at 150.

I am tall AND muscular AND long-waisted AND broad-shouldered AND...well, large of breast.

My goal is 190. I started at 300. My lowest weight thus far was 208 and that wasn't very fat for me.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    5'10" with a goal weight of 160. I totally understand I think that is a starting weight for a lot of shorter girls!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! I started at 183 and have a goal weight of 150ish. It's a little disheartening to listen to my shorter friends talking about having to move up to sizes that I'm working my tail off to get down to! :p

Anyone can add me if they wish!
  • cpridmor
    cpridmor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have a goal weight of 145. That was pretty darn skinny for me in high school when I was running cross country. Feel free to add me :) I've got 32 more to go.
  • scubagram
    scubagram Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm absolutely in! I'm 5'10.5" and at 208 lbs. as of today. My goal is ~155.
    Do you want to start a group? It'll be great finally being able to share some of the obstacles we have to overcome. Not to make it a gripe session and probably getting totally off-course but I'm totally stunned (well used to be; not so much anymore) how I can go into a clothing store and find racks and racks of petite clothing but nothing for the tall girl.
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would so join a tall girls group!
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My trainers goal weight for me is 175!!!!! Thats 15 pounds away, and i feel like i need to lose 40 to get rid of this flab!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's already been done.
    Do a search in the message boards using
    Groups%tall Ladies or just tall ladies
    and you will get a few links to existing groups/forums

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/54859
  • Nanoo2013
    Nanoo2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My phone won't let me add anyone for some reason but feel free to add me! I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 170 for now. 13lbs to go...
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm 5'10.5" and started at 192 lbs (2yrs after baby!) now am at 158. I want to get to 150 mainly to shrink my rear end. I've stalled out and have been eating like crazy this week. I need to buckle down and get to my goal. At 150 I'll readjust my goal to see if I want/need to loose another couple pounds.

If anyone wants to add me, I'm in need of friends with open diary's
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and sit around 180. At 150 you can count all of my ribs and I looked pretty unhealthy, being busty too. My goal is around 165 but I'd be happy around 175
  • kitsilana
    kitsilana Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oooh yes. Posting here to add you all later!
    Working hard to lose 15ish more pounds to get to 165lbs. I'm only tallish at 5'9.
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We'll. 5'8 too me is taller than most my friends & i'm wanting to get to 195 THAT would great for my size! Add me
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm a taller(ish) girl, but have a small frame and therefore, feel 135 would look appropriate/fit on me. It's very different for everyone, of course.

I'm currently at 145 (started at 175) and am just working to lose fat now, but would love friends with similar height and/or weight goals.
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 5'10 depending on how straight I stand lol :) I did really well on myfitnesspal last year but have regained after moving and taking a new job. I am 165lbs now and I am working to get back to my first GW of 145lbs and ultimate GW of 135 or 145 very toned. I would love some tall friends!!! Sometimes I just feel like an awk giant talking about this stuff with my friends who are of more average height and small frames.

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Hurrah for tall ladies! I'm 5'11 (I added you, OP). My starting weight was 215 lbs, which put me at a tight size 16. My current weight is 150.8 lbs, which puts me at a roomy size 8 jean, size 6-8 dress. I was aiming for 149 lbs, but I have so much extra weight on my hips still that I've decided to aim for 139 lbs, reevaluating at every lb whether I want to keep going.

If anyone has any go-to US brands/stores for good tall fits, do tell. Lately I've been buying a lot of Anne Klein dresses at Ross. I need to have the belt loops lowered on a few of the sheath dresses, but the ones without loops/belts fit perfectly. Since I'm still losing weight I haven't committed to nice jeans yet. Old Navy Tall sizes to fit pretty well, for how cheap they are.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My goal is 153, I'm 5'11 and 36 years old. I'm only 4lbs away...

In 2012 I got to 143 which for me was way too light. I just was on a roll and wanted to see what being in the low 140's was like for once. The low 150's is where I should be and stay.
  • sixftinflats
    sixftinflats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! Weight can vary so much between heights and body types. I am 6ft and currently 188 - trying to get down to 160. I am a med/large frame and even some of my slighter-built tall friends have skinny weights of 135/140. I am just never going to get there! 160 is very thin for me and I can't wait to get down there again.

My lowest weight was when I was around 20 y/o (30 now) - I was 153. Don't think I will ever get there (healthily) again, but would like to reclaim the abs and jaw line of old.

Would love to connect to some tall ladies on here.