Staying motivated

Options
I've so far lost 6 stone 2 pounds over 1 year and 7 months however these past few months I have been finding it difficult to keep on track, I don't want to loose much more weight but I want to tone up and get rid of a little more body fat, it's proving difficult and I need some tips of how to keep myself on track with my diet!!!!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Stay disciplined, that way you have the will to keep going when motivation wanes.
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow 6 stone is pretty amazing!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi Lydia,

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I have been maintaining my weight for over a year now, and it took me about a year before that to lose 44 pounds. From the start, I got into the habit of logging and weighing my food and logging my exercise burns (I use a heart rate monitor), weight lifting, and running (I have been weight lifting and running for years, but the change was in heavy lifting), so by the time I was down to losing those last few pounds, everything had become a habit. Even when I ended up eating over sometimes, I didn't beat myself up and always went back to my normal eating schedule. I don't do this maintenance thing perfectly, but my weight range is between 139 and 142, so I consider myself successful.

I would say to just continue what you are doing and look at how far you've come instead of how far you have to go. Hopefully you have made changes in your eating habits, and in your exercise habits if you exercise, that will sustain you for the rest of your life.

If you want to tone up. then I would suggest heavy weight lifting if you don't already do it.

Just keep up the good work!
  • katherine391
    katherine391 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I lost just over 5 stone in 9 months then my life went pear shape. Put on about a stone in total which is frustrating. I seem to lose 5lbs one week and then gain 4lbs the following week. I'm like a Damn yoyo. I'll appreciate any advice going too.
  • lydiaCC904
    lydiaCC904 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Look at your before and afters, for motivation.