stuck not losing...why?:(

Options
2»

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I took a peak at your diary for the last week. Your net calories (after subtracting calories burned through exercise) have been extremely low - in fact you're rarely even eating 1,000 calories a day - and then you're exercising to boot. I am by no means an expert - but I think you REALLY need to eat more. It seems counter intuitive I know, but I think your body is telliing you something. Please don't eat less, or exercise more - I did that at your age, and all I did was screw up my metabolsm.

^^ This.

You are not eating enough and what you are eating is nutritionally poor. You are sending your body a constant message that you do not have access to nutritious food. Your body interprets that message by using as little food as possible for energy, and converting as much as possible to emergency storage: fat. If this goes on for too long, you will find yourself not only at a weightloss plateau, but it will become harder and harder for you to maintain your weight, let alone lose.

Here is a post that may help you to understand why you have stopped losing: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyhawk00/view/starvation-mode-how-it-works-98802
  • patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    I didn't read the above posts but I'd say just keep it up! Make sure you are getting a lot of water in because that is a big help and keep working and pushing! Honestly, in my almost 4 weeks of INSANITY I haven't seen the scale budge but I'm okay with that. I know that i'm burning a TON of calories (HRM) and I am eating good. I haven't measured but I am going to do that starting today. I know that there is no way possible that my body is NOT changing. I have been told that I look "skinny" by my parents just in the past week yet my weight is the same! There is always plateaus, even when you ARE working out! :smile:

yeah i read that with insanity you wont really lose weight you lose inches
  • patricia92d
    Options
    I didn't read the above posts but I'd say just keep it up! Make sure you are getting a lot of water in because that is a big help and keep working and pushing! Honestly, in my almost 4 weeks of INSANITY I haven't seen the scale budge but I'm okay with that. I know that i'm burning a TON of calories (HRM) and I am eating good. I haven't measured but I am going to do that starting today. I know that there is no way possible that my body is NOT changing. I have been told that I look "skinny" by my parents just in the past week yet my weight is the same! There is always plateaus, even when you ARE working out! :smile:

yeah i read that with insanity you wont really lose weight you lose inches
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yep! And I'm okay with that. I don't really care about the # on the scale personally as long as i look & feel good! Besides that, i'd rather have muscle and weigh more than not have muscle and be "skinny fat"
  • patricia92d
    Options
    i had the same views what i love about insanity is that it doesnt get any easier