Getting enough protein...

Options
Hey,

Been a user on and off for years, just now really feel in the right mind to have a proper go at logging! I changed my macros according to IIFYM and I need 98g of protein a day.

I'm vegetarian, single mum of two with not much time! How do you guys fit in enough protein? I eat egg whites, soy substitutes and lots of lentils! But would having protein shakes be a sustainable way? I'm worried about digestion problems! But the ease is tempting!

Cheers

Replies

• kknox2980
    Options
    If you are vegan there are ways to get that protein. Dairy products are one way but you don't want to get too much of that. You can get quest protein bars for a snack. Almonds are another way. Unsweetened almond milk too! If you need more help inbox me! I'll add you :)
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Check out the Skinny Gut Ultimate Shake. Has 20 grams of protein per serving, 10 grams of fiber, and 10 billion live probiotic cultures. I drink it with unsweetened almond milk. Yummy.
    Also, another good way to calculate your minimum grams of protein requirement would be half your lean body mass up to equal to your lean body mass (for highly active days).
  • squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah I have been searching for shakes and so many look delicious!