more meat and/or protein shakes
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    So you need grocery money or what?
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Why do people have to be sarcastic, snarky, and rude? If you don't have something helpful to say, just don't say anything.

If you need more lean protein, lean beef, chicken, fish, pork, eggs are all good.

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/lean-protein-healthy-ways-to-eat-more/#slideshow=slide1
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Lean meats, yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, seitan, there are lots of options.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    tlblood wrote: »
    Why do people have to be sarcastic, snarky, and rude? If you don't have something helpful to say, just don't say anything.

If you need more lean protein, lean beef, chicken, fish, pork, eggs are all good.

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/lean-protein-healthy-ways-to-eat-more/#slideshow=slide1

Why does a bird have to fly?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Protein powder
    Protein bars (such as Quest or Paleo bars - watch ingredients)
    Eggs (whole or whites)
    Ground chicken/turkey/beef
    Chicken breast
    Turkey Breast
    Beef
    Bison
    Low fat cheeses
    white fish (tilapia, orange roughy, sole)
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Pork chops
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Lean cuts of ham
    Crab
    Lobster
    Scallops
    Shrimp
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

You're a peach…

OP:

Chicken
    Steak
    Ground turkey
    Ground beef
    Ground chicken
    Al fresco chicken sausage (tons of flavors)
    Salmon
    Shrimp
    Tuna
    Tilapia
    Cod
    Haddock
    Beef jerky
    Ostrim meat sticks
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butters
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Deli meat (I like Boar's Head)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky
    Tuna
    Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    protein bars
    Eggs
    Nuts
    Chicken
  • JessDickman72
    JessDickman72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked into a Paleo Lifestyle? Low carbs high protien. Healthy fats.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, eggs, meat, nuts, quest bars, more meat.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I try to always keep some cooked and frozen preportioned servings of chicken breast and salad shrimp on hand, pulling out a couple of baggies each day so that I can always grab something easy and protein-a-riffic. Also, try Greek or Icelandic yogurt, which is very high in protein with bonus calcium, and add in eggs (or egg whites if you are having trouble meeting calorie goals)

Canned tuna is easy to always have on hand. I don't like the taste of protein powders (too sweet!) so I drink kefir with PB2 stirred in for flavor and an extra couple of grams of protein.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    People have already posted most of the items I purchase regularly.
    • I also like to make egg white omelets with Canadian bacon and salsa on top.
    • Costco sells these oven browned turkey breasts that come precooked and have only 60 calories for 2 ounces but they pack 12 grams of protein into just one serving.
    • I don't like canned tuna so I buy canned salmon once in awhile. I like to put hotsauce and salt on it. Low calorie and high protein.
    • Yoplait does these 100 calorie greek yogurts with about 12 grams of protein a serving.
    • Pure Protein protein bars from Target. They are not as expensive as many of the other bars but still taste pretty good.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

@Chief_Rocka‌ what is this even supposed to mean??

• I have a couple of clients that are vegan, looking to gain muscle that have problems hitting their protein daily totals. Any suggestions on ways to increase their protein. They only eat plant based protein sources.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it helps but I always add beans (black, kidney or chickpeas) to my salads to get extra protien. I am vegetarian not vegan. I also make mock tuna salad with chickpeas as well. My diary is open and boring if you want to look.
  • Natorade95
    Natorade95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Skim milk is a good source of protein with no saturated fat. Same with 100 calorie yoplait Greek yogurt. Nuts have some sat fat, but they have good fats and lots of protein. Go Lean Krunch rocks as well and has lots of fiber and protein.
  • adge1360
    adge1360 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    niiyarenee wrote: »
    Carbs over power my diet
    I need more protein, can you help

I've had this problem too, I have found that greek yogurt without added sugar is great and almond milk as well. For additional protein but isn't considered whole food, natures bounty optimal nutrition powdwr is great. It's got vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics so you don't have to jazz it up with tons of fruit or vegetables for the same nutrients (especially since that is costly to many of us). Good luck
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of clients that are vegan, looking to gain muscle that have problems hitting their protein daily totals. Any suggestions on ways to increase their protein. They only eat plant based protein sources.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Add chia seeds to smoothies or yogurt (especially Greek), adds protein and fiber
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is a quick and very easy way to up your protein. Although try not to rely on one thing. It's better to get used to cooking foods with a lot of protein for meals (eg chicken, eggs, etc).