eat like this everyday......you will weigh______in 5 weeks

Options
Am I only the only one who hates that portion of the food diary? This is a great website and tool for helping people count calories and achieve weight loss goals but I just think that little "if u eat like this for 5 weeks" is very misleading, can I get feedback on this?

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    It's my favorite part of my day.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    its not misleading, its true if you eat exactly what you did that day for the rest of the 5 weeks and excersise as much . but you know no one can do that , but if you keep it in the general range you will make it to that number .. but when it gives you that low number you need to do the same thing you did or accuratley close for 5 weeks to get that number
    and to me its motivation to eat less, and work harder each day
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just ignore it! I know it bothers a lot of people though. I'm sure its meant to be a motivator.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I love it, it motivates me!!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite part of my day.

mine too! unless i had a bad day, then i want to cry.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love it. It is a motivator, and I have found it to be pretty accurate!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Why hate it? It's not really misleading - it just takes your final deficit (or on bad days, excess calories consumed) and estimates your gain/loss if you burned the same amount and ate the same amount every day for five weeks. Yes, it doesn't take into account all the complexities of reality - but I think it's a good "wake up" tool to remind us that having a bad day now and then is fine, but if you do it on a regular basis - you're not going to reach your goals.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i like it, too... and mostly it has been right for me... though, true, i do eat similarly every day
  • gratenni1
    gratenni1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love that part of it. It encourages me to stick to my plan. Yes i think that if you are honest it can happen. Try to learn to love it. It is very mathematical.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I find it is pretty accurate. I record that number in my notes section so I can look back in 5 weeks at any given time.
  • SJHiker
    SJHiker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I admit I like seeing it. Unfortunatly, I haven't seen the numbers that it claims, even though I stay within a good range of exercise and nutrition. Maybe, I will boost my metabolism and be able to rech those goals!
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    It's THE only reason that I keep doing this program. It's a constant promise that if I just don't give up then this thing will work. I have no patience, but every evening I get a reminder that this WILL work. I LOVE IT.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    think it is a great motivator IF IF IF IF-- it would not pop up when I am eating in an unhealthy range- ie if that little foot note pops up then you should not be rewarded by the you will weigh sign. Just saying
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think it's very helpful feedback...
  • knachelle
    knachelle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it as well. It gives me hope that if I continue on this track, in 5 weeks I will see those awesome results!
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What I love (aside from the motivation of it) is seeing that even if I had a bad day - I'm not THAT far off track. Often times I'm far too hard on myself, and one day can spiral me out of control - if it wasn't for that reminder I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have.

It's definitely one of my fave features of this site.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I find it is pretty accurate. I record that number in my notes section so I can look back in 5 weeks at any given time.

smart!!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    I like it it encourages me to work harder and stick to my goal :-)
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Me too. It keeps me going. I once sent a note to myself in the future writing in my food notes what MFP said I should weigh on that day if I keep doing the same thing and it was right on the money when I stepped on the scale 5 weeks later.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I like it - I noticed today that I did well and that number is ten pounds lower than it was when I started. True, I don't actually reach those numbers most of the time, but that could be because of the days when I get done and it reads "In five weeks you will have gained two pounds," Like the others have said, I think it's motivating.