Discouraged

Options
I had my first gain week this week. I knew that I wasn't eating well, and did it anyway. I'm very disappointed in myself...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A bad week happens to all of us - some of the gain is likely to be water anyway. So no need to get discouraged. Just write last week off and get back on plan.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Now that you know how it feels let that motivate you the next time you find yourself overindulging. This is a journey not a race. Look forward don't look back.
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I went up this week as well and I was also my fault. But I'm just going to make sure I logged everything I ate, spend the rest of today drinking my water and then make sure I plan and pre log my food for tomorrow. It's ok! I was upset at first but what can I do? Nothing but plan for tomorrow and try to prevent it from happening again :)
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honestly track even on bad days... That way you are holding yourself accountable. If it was easy we would all be thin. Keep at it and don't beat yourself up. We have all been there. Good luck to you:)
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At last weeks weigh in I'd gained half a pound. At this weeks weigh in I'd lost 3lbs.

Weight loss is not linear, there could be a multitude of reasons why the scales showed a gain at that point in time. Keep going, and see what next week brings. So long as the overall trend is loss, you're doing just fine.