Calories changing on entered recipes?

Options
ladymaynard18
ladymaynard18 Posts: 4 Member
I've been counting calories for over a year now, but I just started entering my own recipes on MFP to make things easier. But when I enter them, they have a certain calorie content, then when I go to log them, there are fewer calories per serving. Are calories lost to cooking?

For example, I make veggie stuffed peppers. When I enter the recipe, it says 240 calories per serving, but when I go to log it, it says 195 calories per serving. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

Replies

• jonesykat2
    jonesykat2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just entered a recipe and it did the same thing. I couldn't figure it out either.
  • sswanl
    sswanl Posts: 30
    Options
    Me too! It was only two ingrediants, and it seemed to have left out the first one.
  • sswanl
    sswanl Posts: 30
    Options
    Aww. Figured out if you save &log it messes up. You need to save it. Go back to your diary, and add it from there. Then it works fine.
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been having this problem everytime. Go to ur home screen (mobile), then recipes. Click on the recipe and then select edit. Don't need to change anything, just keep hitting next and in the end only click SAVE. That should adjust it to what it's supposed to be
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not home screen. The MORE tab at the bottom
  • ladymaynard18
    ladymaynard18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I went back to me recipe, hit edit, and then saved it again (not save and log). Then it corrected itself. Thank you so much!
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    This is good to know!!!