Bored of Leslie Sansone

Options
I am so doggone bored of Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs! Do anyone have any different walking home DVDs that they use? FYI....Yes, I do walk outdoors when the weather is nice.

Replies

• fitbethlin
    fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've never done a walking DVD because that sounds like, frankly, the dullest thing ever. But if that's what you've gotta do, that's what you've gotta do! Can you mute it and listen to an audiobook instead? Or a podcast?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    The expression is "bored with," but I agree. I used to get her videos On Demand, and I would use my own mp3 player and turn the sound off on her video because I could follow her easily and the background music was so boring. I've been doing kickboxing videos since the weather has been bad. They are pretty vigorous, but there is always one instructor in the back who does the modified moves for those who can't keep up. In an hour I did almost 10,000 steps.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have her videos on (muted) while I watch something on Netflix (Supernatural right now). So it doesn't feel boring at all to me.
  • VBJONLY
    Options
    OMG...(lol)!! I am so glad that I am not the only one that has muted the sound because I can't stand the sound of her voice, and if I have to do another side step HOLY COW!!
  • VBJONLY
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    The expression is "bored with," but I agree. I used to get her videos On Demand, and I would use my own mp3 player and turn the sound off on her video because I could follow her easily and the background music was so boring. I've been doing kickboxing videos since the weather has been bad. They are pretty vigorous, but there is always one instructor in the back who does the modified moves for those who can't keep up. In an hour I did almost 10,000 steps.

What is the name of your kickboxing DVD that you use? It sounds interesting!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I actually figured out how to do picture and picture on my tv. So I have her video going on one side and something else on the other.
  • VBJONLY
    Options
    I am so doggone bored of Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs! Do anyone have any different walking home DVDs that they use? FYI....Yes, I do walk outdoors when the weather is nice.

Denise Austin has walking DVDs and I like her!

I was online searching for some new DVD's and her name poppped up. Thank you for the suggestion I am going to give her a try.

• skyfall91
    Options
    Jessica Smith has some on her youtube channel. quite a bit more challenging then Leslies, more moves and a bit quicker!
  • VBJONLY
    Options
    skyfall91 wrote: »
    Jessica Smith has some on her youtube channel. quite a bit more challenging then Leslies, more moves and a bit quicker!

Thanks, I will look her up!
  • wolfordwebsites
    wolfordwebsites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have Leslie's three mile walk DVD, and I cannot listen to the same blah blah of her and the group every week, so I turn it down and pump up music on my phone, to my workout songs.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why do you guys need videos to walk?
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    WTF is a walking DVD?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    WTF is a walking DVD?

Right! My exact reaction!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You could check the public library to see what they have that would add a little variety. Also, I don't know which videos you have, but I just saw today a couple of new LS DVDs at Sam's Club. One was to Party Music, one was to Radio Hits. Those sounded interesting to me. If I like the music, I don't get bored as easily.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    WTF is a walking DVD?

Well, it's more of a walk aerobics workout. It's not just walking. There are several different moves involved and she uses a resistance band during part of the video to do some resistance training. I use my walking videos when the weather outside sucks. And yes, OP, I agree Leslie can grate on your nerves after a while, lol. I like the workout though. I usually just mute her like others have said and listen to something else.
  • VBJONLY
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Just curious, why do you guys need videos to walk?

I love outdoor walking, but when the weather is too cold or too hot I do indoor walking DVDs. I am a college student and stay-at-home mom with a two year old daughter, so I don't have a lot on money or time to workout in a gym! Do this answer your question!!!
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    sometimes I use the wii fit walking program, its fun :)
  • racergirl334q
    racergirl334q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put in ear phones.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    skyfall91 wrote: »

Thanks, I will look her up!

I was going to suggest Jessica Smith, too. She has her own website, with even videos than what you find on youtube. jessicasmithtv.com There are 4 or 5 videos that are specifically Walking. She's wonderful!