Need to lose weight after my father's passing - need friends :)

Options
Hello guys!

My name is Ursula, I'm 22yo and Im trying to lose weight after I lost my father 3 months ago. He was a happy, brilliant and wonderful man who enjoyed life too much and unfortunately all the salt, fat, alcohol and cigarettes took its tool on his body. I was always overweight (my entire life) and I believe that now it was the wake up call I needed.

I do not want to suffer a stroke at 55 like my father did, in fact one of the last things I told him was "dad, you gotta work on being healthy, if you commit to try and lose weight, Ill do it with you", unfortunately life didn't wait for him, but I want to work on myself in honor of his memory, I know he'd be happy. Im starting from 0 though, I have 40kg to lose and I'm learning the basics about what a real healthy nutrition should be like. Also, Im struggling with exercising since Ive always been a very sedentary person.

Id love to be friends with anyone who has the same goal. Perhaps we could motivate and help each other :) Lots of love and lets lose it, people!

Replies

• Radium1898
    Radium1898 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there Ursula. I think you've got the point here which is fantastic and almost 50 percent of the process we need to get through. I have 20kg to lose.Let's stop wishing and start doing it . Best of luck.
  • sscombs7
    Options
    Hello Ursula, you may add me. I'm praying for you and your family.
  • Likichina
    Likichina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Radium1898 wrote: »
    Hi there Ursula. I think you've got the point here which is fantastic and almost 50 percent of the process we need to get through. I have 20kg to lose.Let's stop wishing and start doing it . Best of luck.

You are absolutely right! We can wish it for as long as we want but results will only show when we put some action into it. Thank you for the message <3
  • Likichina
    Options
    sscombs7 wrote: »
    Hello Ursula, you may add me. I'm praying for you and your family.

Thank you so much, Im adding you now! Still getting used to this site :)
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish. It is easier with a variety of buddies.
  • melrose0930
    melrose0930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ursula, my name is Leshon today is my first day starting this so I dont know exactly what im doing yet lol I deff understand your situation my dad passed away almost 2 yrs ago from pancreatic cancer n he had diabetes which run greatly in my family. My dad proved after he got diagnosed with cancer that eating right n getting healthy changed allot for him, he lived a little longer n it controlled his diabetes he didnt have to take meds anymore. Unfortunatly it wasnt enough. But im deff afraid of getting diabetes n continuing being over weight n unhealthy. I want to change but its so hard but im defg giving it my all this time!! So u can add me too if u like
  • Mtsuneishi
    Mtsuneishi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father 3 years ago and it helps to stay active. You will need support to help you through the times ahead. Add me if you like. This is my first week so I don't know how to use this yet.
    Mark
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss ....welcome to an awesome site ....feel free to add me ....wishing you much success :)
  • Likichina
    Options
    Hello ursula, my name is Leshon today is my first day starting this so I dont know exactly what im doing yet lol I deff understand your situation my dad passed away almost 2 yrs ago from pancreatic cancer n he had diabetes which run greatly in my family. My dad proved after he got diagnosed with cancer that eating right n getting healthy changed allot for him, he lived a little longer n it controlled his diabetes he didnt have to take meds anymore. Unfortunatly it wasnt enough. But im deff afraid of getting diabetes n continuing being over weight n unhealthy. I want to change but its so hard but im defg giving it my all this time!! So u can add me too if u like

Leshon, Im so sorry to hear about your loss aswell, the change is hard but we can do it if we keep our minds focused on what we really want. Feeling good from the inside out at all times is definitely my goal! I also fear developing diabetes since sugar is my biggest addiction, but I know we can do it.. slowly and always :) Thank you for your kind message, I have added you!
  • Likichina
    Options
    Mtsuneishi wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father 3 years ago and it helps to stay active. You will need support to help you through the times ahead. Add me if you like. This is my first week so I don't know how to use this yet.
    Mark

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss aswell Mark, and I agree with you.. I think staying active drifts our minds away from pain and grief. I want to move on with my life in the most positive way possible! Thank you for your message, I have added you :)
  • Likichina
    Options
    Sorry about your loss ....welcome to an awesome site ....feel free to add me ....wishing you much success :)

Thank you so much! Ive been liking this site a lot, and I dont even know how to use all of its tools properly yet lol! I've added you :)

• 333krissy
    333krissy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost my mother s few years back . You can add me :D
  • Likichina
    Options
    333krissy wrote: »
    I've lost my mother s few years back . You can add me :D

Oh, I'm so sorry! :( I hope you are doing okay..! I've added you now, thank you so much!
  • alanglais285
    alanglais285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, sorry for your loss. I'm new to this site and I'd be glad to share my experience with you. YOu may add me :-)
  • Likichina
    Options
    Hello, sorry for your loss. I'm new to this site and I'd be glad to share my experience with you. YOu may add me :-)

Thank you so much, I've added you! :)