Drinking Water??

Options
2»

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I used to drink NO water. I'm sure I went weeks without drinking any, just sodas and such. Eventually I added a single glass (if that) at night before bed.

When I started MFP, I started drinking 8-15 glasses a day. Did it shock my system? Yeah. But honestly, it's starting to get used to it now and it's been just over two weeks. I feel more energetic. And I've replaced my 'boredom eating' with 'boredom drinking' (of water).
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to just drink soda and coffee. I dropped the soda cold turkey and started just drinking water. I have had to pee, a lot! It's been over a week, finally I'm starting to get to where I don't wake up at night to pee.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I go a lot. I have spent the past 10 years as some form of teacher or another... and read once that teachers and nurses have the highest rates of UTIs because they hold it so much. After I read that, I started going to the bathroom every chance I had, even if I didn't feel like I needed to go... so, like every 45 min. or 1 hour, whenever there was a change from classroom to classroom or whatever. Now I'm used to it. The funny thing is that I *can* go several hours without having to pee... but I usually choose not to do so. So, hey, you're doing good things for your urinary tract! If you're having *real* issues holding it in, practice your kegels. If that doesn't work... see a doctor!
  • greeneyedwitch
    Options
    I love water, especially ice water. I sip it all day long.......and yes I pee alot......some days more than others though. Your body does get used to it and you wont go as much as the first week or so. It really flushes out your system and keeps those kidneys working great. Its especially important to drink water so that you dont get dehydrated in warmer weather. It helps flush out any extra sodium you may have consumed at meal time too. Measure out 8 oz of water. It really isnt all that much and if you can measure out 8 oz 8 times a day you will have your 64 oz of water before you know it. :smile:
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I go pee 75,000 times a day. So annoying.

Buuuuuut, I love drinking water!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm 8 1/2 mos pregnant and drink something like 10 cups a day - I swear I pee every 5 minutes. I LOVE water though. When people would take me to eat, like the inlaws or work or something, they'd say - go ahead and order something, when I'd order water and I was like... um... no i LIKE water! That's my beverage of choice! :laugh:
  • Katiebug84
    Katiebug84 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have just recently started drinking more water. Started at the end of February. I pee like that too. Its unreal! And gets very aggravating. Makes me want a catheter attached to me! :) HAHA And so far it hasnt changed...doesnt look like my body will be getting used to it..