I've logged in for 100 days straight but still not lost a pound!

Options

Replies

• Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Some really, really useful advice and support here, thank you very much. I've managed to stay under calories today. I sometimes manage a few days of this then cave in to lots of chocolate or similar. This time I'm determined to keep it going by allowing small amounts of high calorie food instead of banning it although. Hopefully this is my turning point.
  • wd9898
    wd9898 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Banning food only make u want it more...u can not ban any kind of food(specially choc) Bc if your mind is like mine then u focus on the choc and then binge on the choc
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose 3 stone but I can't seem to eat less! I log my food honestly and it's depressing but I still can't motivate myself to change. What helps you?

Wow. If it's hard to motivate yourself to change you will never see it. People now a days "want" and "wish" for everything but don't want to put in the work. When you are active in your fitness and nutrition the results come, not always right away and that's when most people give up
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to want this and then go get it. All that's required is that deficit.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The key, for me, is keeping things out of sight, out of mind, but still accessible. I only allow myself a little chocolate if the craving arrives, and I keep it in the fridge - the cold helps me to eat it slower and most of the time I don't desire to go back in the kitchen for more. It's all mind over matter, too. No food is "banned" for me, but if I know I'm going out or I'm going to indulge, I log it ahead of time and work the rest of my day around it. If I know I'm going to go over, I workout extra that day, because it makes me feel less weighed down.

Only YOU can decide to do it, but we're all here to be there along the way. :)
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I think it is great you are logging regularly..that is a good first step.

So, now that you have that data, you can look for trends and something to change a bit. Myself, my big problem was eating almost a second meal at night around 10-11pm almost every night. Hey, I work late, and I'd get hungry then again! Leftovers, whatever we left in the fridge after dinner. So instead of getting that slice or two of pizza, I started just having a hot tea instead. Or getting to bed earlier if was too hungry for it. Eventually, my body got used to not eating at that time, and if became easy to control. And the weight came off after that, along with more exercise too. But it does take time and some up-front willpower when you try to change habits and to retrain yourself.
  • oharab
    oharab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost loads last year. Down from 103kg to 92, but then I fell off the wagon and was back up to 103 by new year! I'd lost all motivation, couldn't be arsed to log or even think about why my trousers were tight again.
    In the end, I went for a routine asthma check up at the docs & they weighed me there saying "no change then".
    I asked what support the surgery could find & they referred me to their "lifestyle coach", Darren. He's a top bloke, who knew I could lose weight. The motivation he gave me was "come back in 2 weeks and we'll see how you've got on." So far (admittedly only 1 week in) it's working. Having to share my weight with someone else means that I'm more likely to work to lose the weight. I can share it here, as I don't know anyone, but standing in front of someone reading out those number... I don't think I could cope if they weren't going down! I can't imagine Darren will be judgemental, or non-supportive, but that's not the point. He's not just about the numbers, he will help with my diet & actually suggested I used MFP so we can look at what I eat, but my motivation is the key factor here.
    So the end result of all this splather is find someone to share this journey with if you can. Maybe a slimming group, or your local doctors surgery, or just a trusted friend. Someone who is there when you stand on those scales. That's my advice anyway!
    Ben
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Nobody else can do it for you. You go girl!
  • fabiru2013
    fabiru2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Be patience, this site doesnt do magic, it is just a tool, if you cheat your the only one that knows, start the days like new days dont punish yourself for what you ate, start all over again and dont quit you have the chance to make good decisions every day.

Kisses and the best of luck
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well done on logging for the time you have. You have mastered that part of the 'journey' now it's up to you to find it within yourself to decide when or if you want the next step.

It is so true.....You know the whole motivational idea of a huge journey starting with a single step, mantras of 'Just Do It', You are worth the effort......etc etc, all worthwhile if it inspires you.

You know what did it for me???

I was a grown woman, with a wonderful family, I weighed 268lbs and I felt like *kitten* and I got pissed off. Pissed off with myself for getting to this point, for the results of this to mean that I was uncomfortable, couldn't do alot of physical stuff that was directly proportional to my size, I missed playing with the kids, wearing the clothes I wanted.....Ah I could go on.

I know all about negativity, and the desire to eat your feelings and the results of doing so and what I found was that all that food made no difference, it was entirely useless in fixing hurts, enhancing happiness or whatever. I sat down and realised I had to choose.....

Yeah. Pick your hard. Face up to whatever is holding you back or not. There is always risk in life.....you are WORTH taking the chance and you DESERVE the very best, if you are not happy as you are, make changes, look into your heart and soul and fight.

All the best.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Some really, really useful advice and support here, thank you very much. I've managed to stay under calories today. I sometimes manage a few days of this then cave in to lots of chocolate or similar. This time I'm determined to keep it going by allowing small amounts of high calorie food instead of banning it although. Hopefully this is my turning point.

Good for you. That is just awesome! Keep it going:-)
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the words of wisdom and support. I am on track again today and determined to get this started properly, I really appreciate the time you've all taken to post, it's been really helpful.
  • lanettess
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I have cut my caloric intake to less than 1000. I am using the paleo life style, I feel like I'm eating more but I don't feel gross after eating. I also started 9 rounds. I am hoping that something will start the process of losing fat. It's been 2 weeks and nothing as of yet. Fingers crossed.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Logging does not a deficit make :-)
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    make your goal achievable, which means breaking up your longer term goal into smaller steps. personally, that you manage to log every day is a fantastic achievement. I can stay under my goal most days, but miss at least a day a week, maybe going back and entering what I remember, which is never everything. the longest I have ever logged daily was less than a month.

why don't you start with just one day in which you challenge yourself to eat within your calorie goals, OR your macronutrient percentages? Monday, maybe, which gives you Sunday to make a plan, arrange whatever needs to be packed, research your menu choices at a restaurant and really be prepared to meet your goals that day.

choose a day, same or different, where you promise yourself to exercise enough to account for your usual 'over' number of calories.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You've logged for 100 days, that's great. Now you also have 100 days worth of data, go back through and look to see what small changes you can make. I still eat everything I like, I don't "exclude" anything. Try doing the same, just eat a bit less of it, find some new recipes, set small goals. Grab some more friends on here, join a motivational group, just make a couple of small changes. You deserve to feel great, you deserve to be healthy, you deserve to feel beautiful and confident and successful! Go get it!
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nilzed wrote: »
    make your goal achievable, which means breaking up your longer term goal into smaller steps. personally, that you manage to log every day is a fantastic achievement. I can stay under my goal most days, but miss at least a day a week, maybe going back and entering what I remember, which is never everything. the longest I have ever logged daily was less than a month.

why don't you start with just one day in which you challenge yourself to eat within your calorie goals, OR your macronutrient percentages? Monday, maybe, which gives you Sunday to make a plan, arrange whatever needs to be packed, research your menu choices at a restaurant and really be prepared to meet your goals that day.

choose a day, same or different, where you promise yourself to exercise enough to account for your usual 'over' number of calories.
    acmanna wrote: »
    You've logged for 100 days, that's great. Now you also have 100 days worth of data, go back through and look to see what small changes you can make. I still eat everything I like, I don't "exclude" anything. Try doing the same, just eat a bit less of it, find some new recipes, set small goals. Grab some more friends on here, join a motivational group, just make a couple of small changes. You deserve to feel great, you deserve to be healthy, you deserve to feel beautiful and confident and successful! Go get it!

Both of these are really good advice. I also think that when you are truly ready, be it 2 weeks or 6 months from now, you'll manage to eat around your goal. It's already a great thing that you are keeping yourself accountable by logging. You'll get there :)
  • jjolley1
    jjolley1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals ahead, and log them in MFP the night before. I take them to work and dont have any money with me at all so i can only eat the food I have brought with me. It's not going to be easy but how badly do you want it?
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more; don't rely just on the scale, get a tape measure and take body measurements, get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water, take pictures, change things up every couple of months so things don't get too monotonous, and DON'T STOP!
  • wakingdreamer
    wakingdreamer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As another poster suggested, pre-logging the day REALLY helps. Or I figure out dinner first, since that's the meal my whole family eats together, log that and plan the rest of the day around it.

I just recently got back in the saddle too if you want to friend me, I'd be cool with that. :-)