I need help :(

Options
I need to lose 50 pounds to be my healthy weight. I'm only 2 days in and I'm starting to think if it's even worth it? In two days!!! Please help.....

Replies

• aelaoutloud
    Options
    It's always worth it. Do you know "why" you want to do it? Like. .. really why?

I don't know you, but I do know this: YOU are worth it. Feel free to add me, I have felt how you are feeling. You can do this.
  • catt792
    Options
    Thank you :smile: it truly helps. I just hope I can do this.
  • elaforce
    Options
    It is hard. No doubt about it. I'm hoping to lose 74 pounds, and I often have the same thoughts. Especially after losing 55 pounds 6 years ago, and gaining it all back. Ultimately though, I know that I feel bad about being so overweight.

As the post above is getting to, it helps me to remind myself why I want to lose weight. For me, it's because I like, even crave, feeling comfortable and confident around others. Not looking around when we're out with friends, or when I'm in a meeting, and realizing that I'm the only fat girl in the room. I like wearing nice clothes, and feeling like I look fantastic in them. I like feeling healthy. I like the feeling of strength and confidence and accomplishment I feel when I leave the gym.

Bottom line: I think I deserve to feel beautiful and confident again.

So what helps me to keep going? When I eat, I think about how everything I eat is going to make me FEEL. Is it going to give me energy, or make me feel tired and sluggish? Is it going to make me feel accomplished for sticking to the parameters that are going to get me toward my goal, or feeling aweful because I ate something I shouldn't have. Is it going to be worth how it makes me feel?

It's tough, no doubt about it. The hardest part to me is always getting started. Like you are saying, those first couple of days. When you are a week in and you've lost a couple pounds, it gets easier. And when you are a month in and you've lost ten pounds, even better.

Good luck! We can do this! Just don't get discouraged and keep going. The farther you get into it the better you are going to feel!

• VanessaM1970
    VanessaM1970 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started less than a month ago. The first week was awful. I was hungry all the time and kind of mad about it. It got so much better the second week. Now in the third week, I've lost 10 pounds. Fight through the first week, it will get much easier. :smile:
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Always toughest in the beginning, stick with it it will get easier.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Whoever said this was easy or not scary is insane. Just keep at it - just like riding a bike. It's always kinda weird at first before you get the hang of it and find out what works for you.
  • RosanneJonkhout
    Options
    Before myfitnesspal, I lost 59 lbs. Now I'm using this to lose the last of it, so that it will never get back on.

So I know how you feel, I've been there. It's seems like SO high a mountain, but if I can do it, so can you.
    Just take it one day at a time, try to be good EVERY day again. Hold on 'till the first weigh-in and once you see results, use that happiness to propel yourself forward. If you did bad, use that anger to whip yourself into shape. GET MAD! How many times I ran an extra km because I was teaching myself a lesson..! 'Goddamn it, get your *kitten* together, bite down and show everyone that you're better than this'.

There will be ups and downs but eventually you will find that it's really not that hard as your mind makes it out to be. Strive towards the feeling that relief might not be that far around the corner.

Its SO worth it in the end. To look in the mirror and actually be HAPPY with what you see, instead of being disgusted. STRIVE towards that. Visualize seeing yourself in the mirror the way you want to be, visualize it while exercising, and forget the pain and go harder- faster, visualize before you eat unhealthy food, and you lose your appetite.

You can do it.

You can always message me
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the comments on here; so encouraging!
  • jamie91203
    Options
    One pound at a time. U didn't gain it overnight and it's not coming off overnight :)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Is this really hard? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

The first week was the hardest for me because I was used to associating not being stuffed to being hungry. I hated going to be "hungry". I stuck with it for a week, and my body and mind started getting used to smaller portions. It didn't seem like a big deal anymore to not binge before bed, because I could go back through my diary and look at all the good food that I ate throughout the day.

That being said... 50lbs is totally doable! Go browse through the success stories threads for motivation. Make sure you have your weight loss geared to a realistic weekly goal. If you are trying to do 2lb/week right away, you might feel really deprived. Don't beat yourself up for a bad day. Come here if you need support. Find people to friend. It really makes a difference. I've seen it said so many times on here... This is a journey, not a race. Good luck.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Take small steps towards getting healthier so you do not get overwhelmed. Start going for a walk a few times a week, cut out late night snacking, drink more water, etc. Each little change adds up and it gets easier with time. Good luck :)
  • tracylemonhead
    tracylemonhead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel it's really hard at times
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    OK you've been at it 3 days now and have lost 5 lbs..
    If you are finding it really hard set your weight loss goal slower like just one lb a week.
    How many calories are you eating? You need to be above 1200 to make this a lifestyle change and not a crash diet.