Recipes needed for low-carb, low-fat vegetable dishes

Options
lethekk
lethekk Posts: 4 Member
I'm on a variation of the Ideal protein diet, and it's really hard to find recipe dishes that are tasty. My husband doesn't really like roasted vegetables (he's sick in the head, I guess), so I've been stuck with stir frying everything with just a little olive oil, garlic, and soy sauce. Most low carb vegetable recipes include cheese, which is currently a no-no for us. I've got tonnes of meat recipes, but I'm looking for variations in how I can get my 4 cups of vegetables in each day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• vikkir8
    vikkir8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the Atkins web page. I'm doing the diet at the mo and have lots of different veggies, try celeriac mash or chips. Mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice is also good.
  • lethekk
    lethekk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried cauliflower rice, but I'll have to check out the Atkins page. I didn't think their plan was low fat as well as low carb. Thanks!
  • peaceful_minion
    peaceful_minion Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is my all-time favorite and I make it about once a week in winter. Its incredibly filling, lower-carb and low-fat. And did I mention its incredibly delicious? If you can find it pumpkin is actually lower carb than butternut squash, but isn't typically, as readily available.

One 3lb butternut squash, seeded and roasted
    3 C chicken broth
    1 spoonful of onion powder
    1 spoonful of minced garlic
    3 teaspoons of curry powder (Watkins brand is my fav)
    Put all into a huge soup pan. Once heated through puree with an immersion blender. Honestly it will be about the consistency of baby food. When done add in cooked chicken to taste and frozen mixed veggies to taste. Heat through and nom hard.